• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as your resolution, yes the 900 is the problem. I tested with many settings and a minimum of 960 is required to see the full screen. Based on your screenshot you can see everything the full list of users to deny access. The permissions aspect of these modules was just added in the latest update. You are the first user to report this issue. I believe Jaxel will probably take not and make a correction for future updates. Of course you should not have to adjust your screen, but if you wish to adjust those settings today, that is a way you can do it.

Hi,

Both iTuN3r and I also have this problem (listed a couple of pages back) so I think Jaxel may be working on a fix for this :)

Regards,
Renada

lol yah i noticed #3 after i did it...hope he is sleeping...not likely though - ihope he doesn't "discourage" me :(

ok new issue

look at this screen shot...maybe there is just no more to see, but it sems cut off...the browsers (ff) scrollbar has no effect.

I tried to drag the widow around and could not

so it was just stuck

EDIT:
i won't be beat by a computer tonight, even though its 3:33am

i was able to get the whole thing in view by hitting CTRL and the "-" key to shrink my browser viewing down from 100% to about 50%

This is happening to me too. I shrink the page henever I need to change something. Hope it would be fixed somehow to the window.

For the first time I added modules to the left side-block of my portal. For some reason there is not any spacing between the side block and the center block.

I tried changing to my default template and the issue still exists. I have 0 modifications of any XenPorta templates in my default. I tried changing to various side blocks and the issue remains.

XenPortaBug.webp

For the first time I added modules to the left side-block of my portal. For some reason there is not any spacing between the side block and the center block.

I tried changing to my default template and the issue still exists. I have 0 modifications of any XenPorta templates in my default. I tried changing to various side blocks and the issue remains.

View attachment 12872

Might help... do you have 'break out of container' selected in the XenPorta admin options?

Hey Guys,

Anyone know if there was a fix for how embdedded media looks in XenPorta? I stopped using IE a few months back but I believe there was a fix for this? I searched for half an hour with no luck, if anyone could help that would be great :) cheers.

AH.webp

What version of IE is that from? The fix I used to resolve all IE6 and 7 problems is here
Thats IE9.
That link is only to encourage users to upgrade isnt it?

I think there was an actual fix that jaxel might of posted or someone else but I cant find it.

While I actually use that solution, and have posted that IE6/7 are not supported on my site, it was a bit of a joke too :)

Yes, the link is to encourage users to upgrade. It works for IE6 users as shared. If you want to use it for IE6 and 7, change if lt IE 7 to if lt IE 8

While I actually use that solution, and have posted that IE6/7 are not supported on my site, it was a bit of a joke too :)

Yes, the link is to encourage users to upgrade. It works for IE6 users as shared. If you want to use it for IE6 and 7, change if lt IE 7 to if lt IE 8
lol u lost me. Im using IE9, at work we use IE8, both have the same issues

Sorry for reposting, but I really want some help with this so I'll give it another shot!

I've been trying to get the status update module into the forum sidebar. I can just copy this script:

Code:
<div class="section avatarList">
    <div class="secondaryContent" id="statusUpdates">
        <h3>Recent Status Updates</h3>

<xen:if hascontent="true">
        <ul>
            <xen:contentcheck>
            <xen:foreach loop="$StatusUpdates" value="$update">
                <li>
                    <xen:avatar user="$update" size="s" img="true" />
                    <a href="{xen:link members, $update}" class="username" style="display: inline;">{xen:helper richUserName, $update}</a>
                    <span class="userTitle">{$update.message} (<xen:datetime time="$update.post_date" />)</span>
                </li>
            </xen:foreach>
            </xen:contentcheck>
        </ul>
        </xen:if>
    </div>
</div>

The contentchecks don't work though. I'm very unfamiliar with xenforo coding so any help would be appreciated!

Hi Jaxel,

I just created a thead as normal to put on the portal. It was a simple news article, with 1 picture and 1 video using the medio tags for a video that I just submitted to my library... the post appeared fine but when I moved it to the 'featured news' forum like my other news posts for some unknown reason it crashes my portal? Here is the error log... can you please shed some light.

Here is the actual post, ive moved it out of the 'featured news' forum and it stops the portal crashing from now but I really want to put this into the portal as news.

http://mmazone.com.au/community/thr...-team-dos-santos-series-on-go-australia.1127/

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xE2...";...' for column 'module_settings' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Seb, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `EW...', Array)
#3 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1500): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('EWRporta_cache', Array)
#4 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1489): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1291): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/EWRporta/Model/Cache.php(38): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php(104): EWRporta_Model_Cache->buildModuleCache(Array, 'a:2:{s:6:"optio...')
#8 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php(46): EWRporta_ViewPublic_Portal->getModuleParams(Array, 1)
#9 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(222): EWRporta_ViewPublic_Portal->renderHtml()
#10 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(67): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('EWRporta_ViewPu...', 'Html', Array, 'EWRporta_Portal')
#11 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('EWRporta_ViewPu...', Array, 'EWRporta_Portal', NULL)
#12 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#13 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/index.php(17): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#14 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(36) "http://www.mmazone.com.au/community/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I think quick edit windows should have an additional scroll bar. I cant reach rest of the options and approve button.

buggyx.webp

Hi Jaxel,

I just created a thead as normal to put on the portal. It was a simple news article, with 1 picture and 1 video using the medio tags for a video that I just submitted to my library... the post appeared fine but when I moved it to the 'featured news' forum like my other news posts for some unknown reason it crashes my portal? Here is the error log... can you please shed some light.

Here is the actual post, ive moved it out of the 'featured news' forum and it stops the portal crashing from now but I really want to put this into the portal as news.

http://mmazone.com.au/community/thr...-team-dos-santos-series-on-go-australia.1127/

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xE2...";...' for column 'module_settings' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Seb, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `EW...', Array)
#3 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1500): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('EWRporta_cache', Array)
#4 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1489): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1291): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/EWRporta/Model/Cache.php(38): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php(104): EWRporta_Model_Cache->buildModuleCache(Array, 'a:2:{s:6:"optio...')
#8 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php(46): EWRporta_ViewPublic_Portal->getModuleParams(Array, 1)
#9 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(222): EWRporta_ViewPublic_Portal->renderHtml()
#10 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(67): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('EWRporta_ViewPu...', 'Html', Array, 'EWRporta_Portal')
#11 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('EWRporta_ViewPu...', Array, 'EWRporta_Portal', NULL)
#12 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#13 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/index.php(17): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#14 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(36) "http://www.mmazone.com.au/community/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Jaxel,

I understand you dont like to troubleshoot... but this is a BUG. Please have a look at it

Jaxel,

I understand you dont like to troubleshoot... but this is a BUG. Please have a look at it
I like troubleshooting... I hate giving technical support. The problem is many errors are caused because users can't read, or if it's a legitimate error, they expect me to drop everything and tend to their beck and call. I've been busy, lay off. And I absolutely HATE it when people harass me over private messages; the more you harass me, the less I will want to help you. I read every post, I don't respond to many because I don't have a response... yet.

When i set recentnews_truncate: (Recent News Truncate?) value from 10.000 to 1000 my portal page doesn't work and get an error message like sudden database error, try again later.

When i set recentnews_truncate: (Recent News Truncate?) value from 10.000 to 1000 my portal page doesn't work and get an error message like sudden database error, try again later.
I use that setting without any problem. Can you post the exact error msg?

I use that setting without any problem. Can you post the exact error msg?

I can post but it's Turkish, when i change forum language to english:
An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

When i set to 900 or 5001 or 2999 there is no problem but 1000 or 5000 or 3000 portal crashes. I tried these ones for now.

I can post but it's Turkish, when i change forum language to english:

When i set to 900 or 5001 or 2999 there is no problem but 1000 or 5000 or 3000 portal crashes. I tried these ones for now.
This is key info to know. It sounds like there is a problem specific to the Turkish language. Do numerals appear different in Turkish? If so, can you type the number "1000" so we can see what it looks like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom