• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jaxel,

I just created a thead as normal to put on the portal. It was a simple news article, with 1 picture and 1 video using the medio tags for a video that I just submitted to my library... the post appeared fine but when I moved it to the 'featured news' forum like my other news posts for some unknown reason it crashes my portal? Here is the error log... can you please shed some light.

Here is the actual post, ive moved it out of the 'featured news' forum and it stops the portal crashing from now but I really want to put this into the portal as news.

http://mmazone.com.au/community/thr...-team-dos-santos-series-on-go-australia.1127/

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xE2...";...' for column 'module_settings' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Seb, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `EW...', Array)
#3 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1500): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('EWRporta_cache', Array)
#4 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1489): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1291): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/EWRporta/Model/Cache.php(38): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php(104): EWRporta_Model_Cache->buildModuleCache(Array, 'a:2:{s:6:"optio...')
#8 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php(46): EWRporta_ViewPublic_Portal->getModuleParams(Array, 1)
#9 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(222): EWRporta_ViewPublic_Portal->renderHtml()
#10 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(67): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('EWRporta_ViewPu...', 'Html', Array, 'EWRporta_Portal')
#11 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('EWRporta_ViewPu...', Array, 'EWRporta_Portal', NULL)
#12 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#13 /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/index.php(17): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#14 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(36) "http://www.mmazone.com.au/community/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
I can not recreate this issue. Do you know what query it is trying to run?

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.3.3 CHANGELOG
  • ChatUsers moduel now supports vbIRC users online list through PhpDenora.
  • RecentThreads module will no longer conflict with the Widget Framework.
  • Quick Edit pages for modules will now properly scroll.

Incorrect string value: '\xE2...";...'
Could that problem by any chance be due to a cutoff in the middle of a utf8 char?

Since the language is turkish i know they are using some chars that require more than one byte to represent in utf8.

The Recent Threads module is not respecting usergroups permissions on my install. Registered members are seeing thread titles created in my private admin forum.
Scratch that... Seems Admin forum thread titles are showing up on whats new to. So its not this plugin.. Permission system on XF kinda stinks, been having problems with them from day one.

This is key info to know. It sounds like there is a problem specific to the Turkish language. Do numerals appear different in Turkish? If so, can you type the number "1000" so we can see what it looks like?

It doesn't about forum language. Turkish uses Latin alphabet too. Numerals appear same. This problem appaers at both english and turkish choices.
I couldn't figure out !?

I can not recreate this issue. Do you know what query it is trying to run?
Hi Jaxel,

No idea sorry, just happens when I add that page to the portal.

What do you need me to do? Or I can give you admin access if youd like...

Is there anyway to remove the avatar picture from the recent news block and make it so images in the post are actual size and not quoted? Or make it so the post looks like how it is normally.

In the recent news it doesn't display bullets and text size is different.

The Recent Threads module is not respecting usergroups permissions on my install. Registered members are seeing thread titles created in my private admin forum.
How did you set up permissions on your admin forum? Did you simply hide the node? Or did you specifically grant permissions?

Is there anyway to remove the avatar picture from the recent news block and make it so images in the post are actual size and not quoted?

you could modify your template and achieve that result, but I don't think you would want to do such. I have avatars in my Recent News and my images are actual size. Feel free to take a look > www.TeraPVP.com

Can you offer a more detailed description of what is happening? Screenshots are most helpful and/or your website address.

My site: www.gw2arena.com (just started so doesn't look to great)

The posts in the portal news don't look like they normally do in the actual posts. There are no bullet lists and there are more spaces between text.

Nice site BTW, did you just use a Tera screenshot or concept art for background or did someone make that?

How did you set up permissions on your admin forum? Did you simply hide the node? Or did you specifically grant permissions?
All my usergroups are set to Never other then the Administrative group.
Capture_03232011_09365646.webp
However this is off topic because ive determined its not a problem with the portal.. its this funky permissions system that ive never got to work correctly.

All my usergroups are set to Never other then the Administrative group.
View attachment 13047
However this is off topic because ive determined its not a problem with the portal.. its this funky permissions system that ive never got to work correctly.

Yikes! I can see you are struggling with permissions. My first advice is...until you 100% solidly understand permissions do not use "Never" for anything. My forums run great and I do not use "Never" for anything, period.

Some things to take a look at:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/understanding-permissions.5830/page-5#post-185265
http://xenforo.com/help/permissions/
http://xenforo.com/help/user-groups/
http://xenforo.com/help/moderators/

The XF permission's system is perfect. It just takes a bit to understand how things work, then you will really appreciate the system.

My site: www.gw2arena.com (just started so doesn't look to great)

The posts in the portal news don't look like they normally do in the actual posts. There are no bullet lists and there are more spaces between text.

Nice site BTW, did you just use a Tera screenshot or concept art for background or did someone make that?

Thank you for the complement. A friend whom I have known for years is an aspiring graphic artist. He designed the background and logo. Actually he is revising the "V" part of the logo today. He made a post about how he made the background http://terapvp.com/community/threads/forum-design.157/

About your portal:

- the Recent News section is sized smaller then your forum threads so the spacing and size wont be identical. I took a look at several of your threads and the spacing seemed relatively correct to me.

- as far as the bulletin points, it is my *guess* the Recent News section does not display BBCode.

- as far as the images, I am not sure why they appear in the avatar area instead of the actual thread, but I believe it is by design.

The Recent News is more of an area to highlight articles to encourage viewers to click the "continue reading" link and get them to your forums. I notice you are displaying your full articles and your home page is very long. You can adjust your recentnews_truncate setting (home > modules > recent news) to ?1500 or whatever you are comfortable with and I think you will be happier with the result.

Couple of issues, and maybe they were answered in the previous 56 pages, but I don't want to read through 1100 posts. Forgive me for that. :P

• I have two "Home" buttons at the top of the page.
  • I'd like a module to simply write out my own formatted text. Is this possible?

Couple of issues, and maybe they were answered in the previous 56 pages, but I don't want to read through 1100 posts. Forgive me for that. :p

• I have two "Home" buttons at the top of the page.
  • I'd like a module to simply write out my own formatted text. Is this possible?
ACP > Options > Basic Board Information > Home Page URL...leave it blank and your 2nd Home tab will disappear

You can build your own modules easily, but there is not one presently created which allows you to put out your own text. Instructions for building your own modules are in the 2nd post in the following thread: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-module-add-ons.7611/

How can i change adsense style? I can create styles in my adsense account but i don't know how to import it to adsense module.

In XF 1.0.0, XF began offering ad templates within the official software. To the best of my knowledge, there would never be any reason to use the Ad Sense block from XenPorta.

In short, go to your temlplates, filter for "ad_" and take a look. If you want a sidebar template similar to the one in XenPorta, choose one of the three offered. All you need to do is copy/paste your adsense code in and it will work. You can change your adsense style on your Google page where you obtain the adsense code.

There are many threads discussing placing ads. Just be aware to check the dates after the release of XF1.0.0 for information regarding the current templates, although the older posts still have valuable information. One such post is here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ad-templates.13778/#post-185441

Thank you very much oracle. I have one more question. When i try to update xenporta and xenmedio, i copied the last version files overwrite to old version files and then run the upgrade addons but now my portal doesn't work.
An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

How can i upgrade addons without any problem? Delete old and install new method seems a bit hard becuse of editing modules one by one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom