• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a manual way to uninstall this? For some reason the uninstaller keeps throwing up errors.

Is there a manual way to uninstall this? For some reason the uninstaller keeps throwing up errors.

Managed to solve the uninstalling issue - I deleted that section of code from install.php

Only issue now is that when you set the index controller - If you click on "Forums" it still remains on the portal page -Seems theres no way to get it to go to the forum.

Is there any way I can have 2 portals on my site. I need one for the home page and another as a main page for a specific section?

Does anyone know how I can include first-post likes in the RecentNews portal instead of the number of views?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Anyone?
I can't give you a complete guide / answer. Just as follows:
Edit the EWRporta_Block_RecentNews template and insert this variable:
{$news.first_post_likes}
This is just the number of likes. Nothing more and nothing less. If you want a link or something, you'll have to make a lot modifications to it.
I hope, this will bring you to your solution.

layouts not updating for me... is this happening to anyone else? plus my blocks are not showing up after install, is there a delay or something? The portal is functioning great, I just cant get the dang thing to update to a new layout or get any new blocks (adsense for instance) to show up on the template

layouts not updating for me... is this happening to anyone else? plus my blocks are not showing up after install, is there a delay or something? The portal is functioning great, I just cant get the dang thing to update to a new layout or get any new blocks (adsense for instance) to show up on the template

Works fine instant change for me when i move blocks. Sure you are editing the right layout?

Works fine instant change for me when i move blocks. Sure you are editing the right layout?
Im using the layout "portal", thats the right one correct? and I have all the globalize options checked

UPDATE
So it works when modifying the layout from the front page customize layout grid but its having issues working from the backend. My forum layout wont update either. I just want to get adsense working haha

Does anyone know what template I need to edit to remove the breadbox from the portal homepage?

For some reason disabling the option "Show Navigation Tab?" isnt working for me :confused:

Edit - Got it sorted, had the wrong button ticked!

is it possible to have more than one type of block type (say adsense)? That way I can have more than one type of ad on the site at once.

Sorry if this has been posted in here but I couldn't find it in this massive thread haha

Im using the layout "portal", thats the right one correct? and I have all the globalize options checked

UPDATE
So it works when modifying the layout from the front page customize layout grid but its having issues working from the backend. My forum layout wont update either. I just want to get adsense working haha
Theres the rub...

Its updating FINE. However, you used the "customize this page" option and therefore YOU (and only you) have a customized layout... therefore, the changes you make to the global layout won't apply to you! (I thought this was kind of obvious?) Go back to the customize this page link and select the "revert all" option.

Theres the rub...

Its updating FINE. However, you used the "customize this page" option and therefore YOU (and only you) have a customized layout... therefore, the changes you make to the global layout won't apply to you! (I thought this was kind of obvious?) Go back to the customize this page link and select the "revert all" option.

Edit: couldn't use the revert all option so I just changes the permission to not allow customization.

Thanks for the help, I got it fixed about 3 hours ago just with trial and error. I am only having a few issues with templates not matching the correct place, ie the forum template does not show up on the forum page. It is still the default portal template from the home page.

If I select the globalization option on the options page in the ACP will it make every page the same as the portal? I just want to understand exactly what the globalization options do... etc.

Thanks for the help btw Jaxel, but I didn't realize it was necessary to act like I was stupid though... doesn't seem like a very good method of attracting customers for donations to me (including myself when I can scrape the money together). Just an observation is all.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out :)

EDIT AGAIN: figured out the permissions, my index forums will customize the forum page. got it now.

Many Questions and comments:

How can I set the twitter feed to view all of one twitter accounts posts? Including retweets?

What happened to the adsense block? Seems to have disappeared?

For the article view the css seems very iffy, it has the share buttons for twitter, facebook and G+ at the top and at the bottom, why? Also the comments box seems to be aligned far left and looks odd - see screenshot:
View attachment 21001
So it leaves lots of space to the right for no reason?

Jaxel any comments on any of this?

Jaxel, I want a sidebar in all positions of the site.
so i created a layout for article, forum, index and thread. this works fine so far.
but when i call "forums" and "posts" there is no sidebar.
how can i get one?

Attachments

• nso_sidebar.webp
    nso_sidebar.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 28
  • nso_sidebar2.webp
    nso_sidebar2.webp
    66.8 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom