• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bn1Jt.png

Does anyone know where 'Home' is being inserted into the breadcrumb when you have the portal set as the index? The breadcrumb template no longer controls it since it thinks there is no home link, so the portal, I presume, is adding it back in somewhere... but my question is, where?

I know NavTabs.php has XenForo_Phrase('home') - and that this will change both the Navigation link phrase and the breadcrumb link phrase, but I doubt this is the place to alter it. It's attaching to the breadcrumb somewhere else, right? :confused:

Bn1Jt.png

Does anyone know where 'Home' is being inserted into the breadcrumb when you have the portal set as the index? The breadcrumb template no longer controls it since it thinks there is no home link, so the portal, I presume, is adding it back in somewhere... but my question is, where?

I know NavTabs.php has XenForo_Phrase('home') - and that this will change both the Navigation link phrase and the breadcrumb link phrase, but I doubt this is the place to alter it. It's attaching to the breadcrumb somewhere else, right? :confused:
Its being called in the EWRporta_Listener_NavTabs.

Its being called in the EWRporta_Listener_NavTabs.
Well yeah, but how would I keep the link in the navigation as 'Home', but have the link in the breadcrumb set to a home icon? I need to separate them I guess? Unless there's a different way to change just the breadcrumb one...

Jaxel, I want a sidebar in all positions of the site.
so i created a layout for article, forum, index and thread. this works fine so far.
but when i call "forums" and "posts" there is no sidebar.
how can i get one?
First page of this thread, check the usage notes. Tells you how to enable this outside of the portal

Jaxel,

Possible bug? Whatever module I have in 'top-right' also appears as comments :S

xenporta_layout_bug.webp

One more thing. My 'recentmedia' block works great in the portal, nice and neat, small, but everywhere else its friggin huge! Is this because of independent css per section... ? How can I fix this up? thanks. Screenshot below

recent_media.webp

EDIT: Hmm just realised this is in my extra.css, but how do we get the extra.css to load for the entire site in Globalized Custom Layouts so all modules look like they are supposed too? thanks

.EWRporta_Portal .mediaSmall li { width: 33% !important; }

Great update!

However, the Today's Birthdays block shows the title like this:

todays_birthdays

A problem with our Phrase???

I tried to upgrade to the newest portal before uninstalling my last portal and it is totally screwed up now. I went back and uninstalled it then deleted the files in the library and js folders. It now installed with no errors but my portal is a blank page even when I added blocks in the admin panel. This new setup is awfully confusing. Is my old database somehow not letting the new stuff come through? help!!!!

www.oldrow.net

I tried to upgrade to the newest portal before uninstalling my last portal and it is totally screwed up now. I went back and uninstalled it then deleted the files in the library and js folders. It now installed with no errors but my portal is a blank page even when I added blocks in the admin panel. This new setup is awfully confusing. Is my old database somehow not letting the new stuff come through? help!!!!

www.oldrow.net
Have you tried setting up blocks in the portal layout? All your old layouts are gone, and there is no default one. You need to actually add all the blocks in again and setup the portal layout to your needs.

can someone give me step by step instructions on getting rid of every trace of this so I can do a clean install of it??? This is time sensitive as I have about 100 people on my site at any given time.

can someone give me step by step instructions on getting rid of every trace of this so I can do a clean install of it??? This is time sensitive as I have about 100 people on my site at any given time.

This is from the first post in the thread, it's under upgrade instructions, but it's about uninstalling first (which if, you didn't do this already, might explain the trouble you're having now).

• If you are upgrading from a version before 1.5.0, you MUST uninstall XenPorta first!
  • After uninstalling XenPorta, make sure to DELETE all relevant /library and /js files!
  • Finally, make sure ALL XenPorta tables have been dropped from your database!
So, uninstall the mod through the AdminCP

Delete all of the files that you uploaded, they'd be located in the /library and /js folders (easiest way to be sure, open the ZIP file for the mod and see what files/folders are there, delete them).

Remove all of the tables that might be left for the mod, in this case, they all start with "EWRporta_" no quotes.

At that point, it should be fully uninstalled. Hope that helps.

Anyone have any ideas why it won't work for me when I have GIRLS enabled? When enabled the forum button won't work.

You'll give Jaxel the heebiejeebies if you edit the template LOL!

To hide the title you only need to check the box "Break Out of Content Container" in the settings.

View attachment 21056

Renada :)

EDIT: That also seems to remove the breadcrumbs unless I've changed something else somewhere else. :)
Cheers that worked! - This also answers your question Pet Board :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom