• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I went to blocks and unticked "block cache time", refreshed and then re-ticked it and that seems to have worked. Any idea why it disappeared?
No idea... you changed something, and it blanked the cache... the reason why page 2 worked is because only the first page is cached.

Hi,
Really hoping someone can help! My forums currently in a directory called forum.

Ive selected the below option so when people visit my domain the portal is the first page they see.
Set as Index Controller
Move forums to /forum/ and set /portal/ as the index.

The only problem now is that when you click on the forum button, it points to mydomain.com/forum/forum - So the forum is not accessible.

Any idea on how to geta round this?

ADSENSE..

When I log into my adsense account on Google.
GET CODE
Code:
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "ca-pub-5889655330002155";
/* 120x600, created 10/14/10 */
google_ad_slot = "9637538842";
google_ad_width = 120;
google_ad_height = 600;
//-->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

I take it my:
AdSense Client ID would be: ca-pub-5889655330002155
AdSense Ad Slot ID would be: 9637538842

adsense.webp

I get a placement holder on my site but, no ads.. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Go to "Administrate Modules" and drag and drop the various modules you want in the positions you want them. Don't forget to hit "Save" after you're done. ;)

I have saved the modules. the problem is that only admins are able to view the portal. guests/registered users just see the blank portal with no modules. what could be the reason for that?

guest user permission settings are as follows:

I have saved the modules. the problem is that only admins are able to view the portal. guests/registered users just see the blank portal with no modules. what could be the reason for that?

guest user permission settings are as follows:
I don't mean to unnecessarily repeat myself, but did you first drag and drop the modules to the positions you want them to be in, before saving?

Yes, I have dragged and dropped the modules, then saved. I have then deleted cache and cookies and logged in to see the portal. It works fine. However, guests and regular users are unable to see it.

I have uninstalled, deleted from server, checked database, then re-installed xenporta. still only admins can see the modules. everyone else just sees blank portal. what settings can I change to fix this?
I have already posted the current guest permissions
Thanks!

guests and registered members are able to see the portal with all modules only when I give them permission from admin CP to customize the portal. :o
otherwise they are just seeing blank portal page.
don't know what to do about this.

The customizing the portal only allows them to change the position of the modules as they wish.

That's quite weird.

user group permissions -->xenporta -->Can Customize Portal
If I enable this for guest and registered users, what does it mean?
if they customize it, will they be the only person to see it that way, or will everyone see it?
I mean, should this be enabled only for admin and mods as it changes the portal layout for everyone, or is this setting for user's personal customization of the portal?

Thanks!

so the layout I set in the admin panel will be the default layout for everyone...and if I allow customization, then they can set their own personal layout. correct?
but enabling customization should be optional...in my case, the modules are not visible unless I allow customization for the user group.

so the layout I set in the admin panel will be the default layout for everyone...and if I allow customization, then they can set their own personal layout. correct?
but enabling customization should be optional...in my case, the modules are not visible unless I allow customization for the user group.
Yup, correct.

Well, in that case, there's something amiss with the permissions I believe. I can see your portal page with some modules showing perfectly at the moment though. :)

if you allow customization for yourself (as an admin) you will only see your portal, but not of the guests.
try to dissallow customization for all (accept you) first and see if all is ok.
this is a point i have troubles some time ago too. after disallowing customization for myself everything looks fine.
so for later time, you must keep it in mind if you see "your" portal or the portal of the users.

Yeah, it is working now even without allowing customization...don't know what was wrong...
I have been fiddling with this addon for the past couple of hours...must have unknowingly changed something...anyway, all's well that ends well :)

thanks for the help everyone!

Bug Report

Create a custom forum layout. Leave id blank. If I am reading this correct it will apply to all forum pages. The blocks only appear to work in the Top Left / Right positions. All other positions do not show blocks.

Capture3.webpCapture2.webp Capture4.webp

Thanks,
Itworx4me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom