• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how to use the Recent Slider block, I don't see it in blocks, but there is a RecentSlider.php file within /blocks/, no xml file in xml. I'm not sure how to get / use this block... am I missing something?

I don't get how to use the Recent Slider block, I don't see it in blocks, but there is a RecentSlider.php file within /blocks/, no xml file in xml. I'm not sure how to get / use this block... am I missing something?
add it from the xml_addons folder

Hi, I just installed this and I am having a lot of fun in customizing everything. Thanks for making this Jaxel!

One problem that I am facing is that Guest users & Registered members are not able to view the portal. Admins can see all the modules. Others just see a blank page. I don't know where to edit the permissions for this. There are only two options to set: "Can Customize Portal" and "Can Promote Threads". Both are "Not Set (No)" which is the same for registered user as well.

Please tell me how to make the portal visible to guest/userss also.

Thanks!

add it from the xml_addons folder
Oops, must have missed those, thanks.

Does anyone know how I can make a custom layout? I just want 2 columns, both 50% width. Can I alter this some how or make my own? I should note both columns would contain one block each, each block being a custom one I plan on making.

Many Questions and comments:

How can I set the twitter feed to view all of one twitter accounts posts? Including retweets?

Also for news forums how can I set article view for them only? Figured that one out after a while.

The new controls and descriptions really don't make much sense to me, I'm glad stuff got moved to admin cp though was very needed. Overall the changes are nice I just need to get to grips with it all.

What happened to the adsense block? Seems to have disappeared?

This mod needs proper documentation of the options and a changelog on the first post.

Also how do I remove the boards title from the top of the portal page? I asked like a 100 pages ago so I can't find out how to do again?

For the article view the css seems very iffy, it has the share buttons for twitter, facebook and G+ at the top and at the bottom, why? Also the comments box seems to be aligned far left and looks odd - see screenshot:
Screenshot at 2011-11-06 14:29:18.webp
So it leaves lots of space to the right for no reason?

Jaxel, I'm not sure if this is possible but with the recent changes we almost have the perfect article system for our needs.

In regards to the recentslider funcationality, the one thing that would make this even nicer would be if the users who submit the news article threads could select from a list of predefined prefixes and this would then attach an image we've associated with each prefix into a thread automatically and rename it to slide.jpg so it shows up in xenporta's recentslider.

Does that sound possible or something that would be useful to people? It gets around having to manually attach slide.jpg which for us at least would be great as our news articles are often user-submitted rather than staff-submitted.

Hi, I just installed this and I am having a lot of fun in customizing everything. Thanks for making this Jaxel!

One problem that I am facing is that Guest users are not able to view the portal. Registered/Mods/Admins can see all the modules. Guests just see a blank page. I don't know where to edit the permissions for this. There are only two options to set: "Can Customize Portal" and "Can Promote Threads". Both are "Not Set (No)" which is the same for registered user as well.

Please tell me how to make the portal visible to guests also.

Thanks!
Go to "Administrate Modules" and drag and drop the various modules you want in the positions you want them. Don't forget to hit "Save" after you're done. ;)

Has anyone got the customized layouts to work correctly? They go wacky when you change block positions. Plus it seems to be taking the portal layout verses your custom layout. Does anyone else get this too?

BUG REPORT

Steps to reproduce:

I have the Article Layout Checked
Capture4.webp

I have one Block on the Portal Layout
Capture5.webp

Here is my Article Layout
Capture1.webp

When I goto the Article it shows the Portal Layout instead of the Article Layout.
Capture2.webp

Thanks,
Itworx4me

Not sure if this is a bug or not but I have recentslider and recentnews in the centre column on my portal homepage (i.e. top right). The recentnews articles have all disappeared although the page navigation is still there. If I click to go to page 2 then the second page of articles show fine so it looks like just the first page is missing...

This happened after I was testing out the custom layouts but all I currently have selected is the article custom layout.

Screenshot maybe shows it better, the recentslider shows fine but below it is meant to be the recent news block. If I click on the page navigation, all the other pages display fine.

Screen Shot 2011-11-06 at 17.24.11.webp

Not sure if this is a bug or not but I have recentslider and recentnews in the centre column on my portal homepage (i.e. top right). The recentnews articles have all disappeared although the page navigation is still there. If I click to go to page 2 then the second page of articles show fine so it looks like just the first page is missing...

This happened after I was testing out the custom layouts but all I currently have selected is the article custom layout.

Screenshot maybe shows it better, the recentslider shows fine but below it is meant to be the recent news block. If I click on the page navigation, all the other pages display fine.

View attachment 21027
Empty your RecentNews cache.

Thanks, I went to blocks and unticked "block cache time", refreshed and then re-ticked it and that seems to have worked. Any idea why it disappeared?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom