• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed this and am having some issues with the option
Set as Index Controller
Move forums to /forum/ and set /portal/ as the index

Before:

After:

help?

Hey everyone.

Just got XenForo yesterday and so far I am digging it.

Something that I still find confusing is the installation of mods. Maybe it's just the XenSeries by Jaxel, but I was just wondering what I am doing wrong. I installed XenPorta via xml and after it was done, there was no link or anywhere else that allows me to get started on the Portal page.

Am I forgetting something? There is no "Get Started" content in the mods thread so I'm at a loss.

Thank you for your time!

You need to give yourself permission to view/admin the mod first (via usergroup permissions)

Then in Options there are some basic settings to configure the portal.

Then the portal modules can be set up using the Adminstrate Modules link you should now see on the portal homepage (assuming permissions have been set).

will that only post #petfood tagged posts from those 2 accounts? what if I want #petfood from any account, and ANY post from those 2 accounts?

will that only post #petfood tagged posts from those 2 accounts? what if I want #petfood from any account, and ANY post from those 2 accounts?
You may have seen my reply before I my edit. Have the word OR between each of the search criteria...
Code:
#petfood OR from:thepetboard OR from:petfoodindustry
That will give you any occurrence of "#petfood" and any tweets from the account "thepetboard" and any tweets from the account "petfoodindustry" in your results.

thanks!

Also my facebook like box is showing doubles of everyone that likes it... is there a way to fix this?

Attachments

• The Pet Board.webp
    The Pet Board.webp
    68.1 KB · Views: 27
Ok, I'm sure this is going to sound pretty silly, but I can't set this up so that the portal can be viewed by unregistered viewers. :confused:

Usergroup permissions include:
  • Can customize portal
  • Can promote threads
  • Can administrate portal
I don't want them to be able to do either, just VIEW the portal. As administrator, after logging in, I can see everything, but nothing while logged out.

Guys, what am I missing?

Ok, I'm sure this is going to sound pretty silly, but I can't set this up so that the portal can be viewed by unregistered viewers. :confused:

Usergroup permissions include:
  • Can customize portal
  • Can promote threads
  • Can administrate portal
I don't want them to be able to do either, just VIEW the portal. As administrator, after logging in, I can see everything, but nothing while logged out.

Guys, what am I missing?
Its been months since i setup xenporta but look at your general permissions for the unregistered group, i believe they control what the users can view including in the portal..

Its been months since i setup xenporta but look at your general permissions for the unregistered group, i believe they control what the users can view including in the portal..
Thank you ddmmh. That's what I've been doing. Usergroup permissions > Unregistered / Uncomfirmed. At the very bottom, there are the 3 permissions that I have listed above. I can't seem to find any other.

Thank you ddmmh. That's what I've been doing. Usergroup permissions > Unregistered / Uncomfirmed. At the very bottom, there are the 3 permissions that I have listed above. I can't seem to find any other.
Yes but at the top of the group permissions there is a 'general' permissions section for users to view posts etc. I think one of them controls access as at the end of the day xenporta is just a prettier way to organise posts

Yes but at the top of the group permissions there is a 'general' permissions section for users to view posts etc. I think one of them controls access as at the end of the day xenporta is just a prettier way to organise posts
This is what I have for the Unregistered / Unconfirmed usergroup. I have the feeling I'm missing something really simple. :(

Attachments

• Permissions.webp
    Permissions.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom