• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
XenMedio just links to existing uploaded videos. So they provide the link to the file (youtube/Vimeo url), and you can view it within your own website. It doesn't have a system to allow a user to upload their personal file, convert it to flash, and store it on your own server.

It doesn't have a system to allow a user to upload their personal file, convert it to flash, and store it on your own server.

and it never will. Jaxel was very clear on that subject.

You have two options for locally hosted videos. You, or someone else with access to your webserver, can upload files then add them to XenMedio. This is what I choose to do for my site.

You could set up a FTP for users to upload their videos, and then have a process (manual or automated) to copy files from the FTP area to the local folder, then users can add their own videos. It is my understanding this process has security risks and would require a great deal of care.

XenMedio is a very nice mod. Below is a summary of a few suggestions I have made which might make it even better for all:

1. When embedding a XenMedio file into a post the initial thumbnail is used. The problem is it only fills the top 1/4 of the image as seen. If that thumbnail is enlarged to 100% size, it looks very low quality. My suggestion would be to create a second thumbnail when a video is uploaded to be used for thread embeds.
View attachment 13501

2. When uploading local media, a user-generated thumbnail cannot be created. The media has to be submitted, then edited to add the thumbnail. Ideally the thumbnail box can be made into a hyperlink to add a new thumbnail image.

3. Add Keywords to searches. I have a video on my site named Lineage1. When I use either the XenMedio search or the site search and enter the term "Lineage1", the video appears. As a test I added the tag "Jaxel" to the video, rebuilt all of my site's indexes, then searched for the term "Jaxel" and it did not appear in either the site search nor the media search. If nothing else works, then I would suggest a footer at the end of each medio entry with the Tags listing, similar to what appears when you perform a =full post in threads.

4. Show total and elapsed time on videos played in threads. This information appears during playback from the Media area.

5. Allow the media player size to be adjusted. Right now users have 2 choices: the embedded size and full screen with nothing in between.

Again, it is a nice product as is and very usable. These adjustments would make it even better imo.

At first thx for this great mod i loved it already for vB, but is it possible that i published it in german at XenDACH ??

Also for Events and Wiki ??

THX

Another item for the list I shared:

#6 - the ability to Edit the media file location and type. I often upload YouTube videos then make them into local movies. It is easier for me to upload them as YouTube videos, thereby auto-importing the thumbnail, tags, friendly name, and comment...then change the type and URL in the database...then it is for me to manually enter that info.

Why does "center" bb code not work with [medio] objects in threads?​

EDIT: I got the result I desired with "indent" but just curious about the "center" thing. I noticed the code is contained within a div which presumably is set to float left.​

Where do I go in the Admin panel to allow me to upload video clips? I keep getting an error - "The uploaded file is too large" Where do I go and edit the permissions of the size of the flv or wmv files sizes?

At first thx for this great mod i loved it already for vB, but is it possible that i published it in german at XenDACH ??
Also for Events and Wiki ??

Looks like xencarta is already being hosted there.

xendach.de.xencarta.wiki.files.hosted.there.webp

certainly xenforo.com couldn't handle German and English xencarta in one thread !

Ideally, all the xendach.de people could show support for xencarta by liking the first post here and maybe replying to the thread saying they are using xencarta ?

Where do I go in the Admin panel to allow me to upload video clips? I keep getting an error - "The uploaded file is too large" Where do I go and edit the permissions of the size of the flv or wmv files sizes?

I have never seen that message. How large is the file? What type of file? Can you share a screenshot?

The ability to upload videos is a permission. You would go to your normal user permissions and look for XenMedio.

I have never seen that message. How large is the file? What type of file? Can you share a screenshot?

The ability to upload videos is a permission. You would go to your normal user permissions and look for XenMedio.

ACP->Options->Attachments controls message attachments.

Local files are manually placed on the server so there are no permission issues. Look at PHP settings for your server maybe? We are simply embedding links when using Youtube

Supporting and Discussing and Troubleshooting and Announcing XenMedio is not really possible in one thread.
New users will never find anything they need .. with all the information buried in 45 pages.

Supporting and Discussing and Troubleshooting and Announcing XenMedio is not really possible in one thread.
New users will never find anything they need .. with all the information buried in 45 pages.

very true! desperately in need of a Wiki. probably best way to go IMHO. peace

Looks like xencarta is already being hosted there.

View attachment 14445

certainly xenforo.com couldn't handle German and English xencarta in one thread !

Ideally, all the xendach.de people could show support for xencarta by liking the first post here and maybe replying to the thread saying they are using xencarta ?

The XenCarta that is publish on xendach.de is an other release than here.
I only will publish the german phrase. The AddOn itself they could be downloaded here.

In the future i will handle it like vB. I will ask the Publisher here if i could publish my german phrase with a link to the original AddOn at XenDach.de.

For categories that are clicked ... which do not have any individual media items ....
How about either listing subcategories ...
or
even better might be nice ICONS representing subcategories !

Example: http://animelon.com/media/category/other.12/
Nice idea :3

Jaxel is there an option to change the layout of the video page? is it css changes? or is it a payed addon etc...
Can't seem to find a option for it so thought I would ask.
CSS works :) and changing the thumb size
Thanks

Upgrade your IE.
lol

You will need to reduce the size of the embedded video or increase the width of the style.

call_user_func(EWRporta_Install::installCode) [<a href='function.call-user-func'>function.call-user-func</a>]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom