• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having members tell me that they can't play videos using IE 9. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what was the fix?

Thanks,
Itworx4me

I just confirmed the issue. I tried two separate pc's, IE 8 & 9, movies don't play in either browsers.

It's going to cost us some visitors who will think movies are not available to unregistered guests, when they actually are, and they will go elsewhere :(

I just confirmed the issue. I tried two separate pc's, IE 8 & 9, movies don't play in either browsers.

It's going to cost us some visitors who will think movies are not available to unregistered guests, when they actually are, and they will go elsewhere :(
Which movies? What service?

Not going to post what I am thinking...
Please do, as I thought the same thing. You were so eager to demand assistance, yet you are not willing to accept that developers and fellow community members actually have lives outside of XenForo and helping you. On top of that, you are quick to demand help, yet reluctant to give thanks to those that help (its not actually what I'm fishing for, just pointing it out). If you want support, you may want to avoid making those willing to help mad or annoyed. And what Oracle said is correct. I give free software as I'm not around 24/7 to give support... You will have to wait. And many of the fellow developers, Jaxel included, tend to feel the same. It may work in your advantage to do less demanding, and a little more pleasantries.

Please do, as I thought the same thing. You were so eager to demand assistance, yet you are not willing to accept that developers and fellow community members actually have lives outside of XenForo and helping you. On top of that, you are quick to demand help, yet reluctant to give thanks to those that help (its not actually what I'm fishing for, just pointing it out). If you want support, you may want to avoid making those willing to help mad or annoyed. And what Oracle said is correct. I give free software as I'm not around 24/7 to give support... You will have to wait. And many of the fellow developers, Jaxel included, tend to feel the same. It may work in your advantage to do less demanding, and a little more pleasantries.

Very well said King Kovifor. You hit the nail in the head. (If you see this user 's other posts you will see that it is not a one time thing with him, but a habit.)

I give free software as I'm not around 24/7 to give support... You will have to wait. And many of the fellow developers, Jaxel included, tend to feel the same. It may work in your advantage to do less demanding, and a little more pleasantries.
Actually... I give free software because I don't want to give support... AT ALL. I depend on helpful users like Oracle and Digital Doctor to do that for me... haha. However, remember that I write all this software for MYSELF; so I do want to know about bugs and things like that... and anything I can do to make the user experience better.

Naturally, I give support to premium expansion users, because they paid for the service, but thats a far smaller group of people and those support requests are usually sent directly to my email.

Actually... I give free software because I don't want to give support... AT ALL. I depend on helpful users like Oracle and Digital Doctor to do that for me... haha. However, remember that I write all this software for MYSELF; so I do want to know about bugs and things like that... and anything I can do to make the user experience better.

Naturally, I give support to premium expansion users, because they paid for the service, but thats a far smaller group of people and those support requests are usually sent directly to my email.
Hmmm that's an interesting way of looking at things.

Hi Jaxel, I'm running into the following error when trying to submit a video from YouTube

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRmedio/Model/Submit.php(85) : eval()'d code at line 1
eval() in EWRmedio/Model/Submit.php at line 85
EWRmedio_Model_Submit->fetchFeedInfo() in EWRmedio/ControllerPublic/Media.php at line 144
EWRmedio_ControllerPublic_Media->actionSubmit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mileskan/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13

Video link is

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h6gitGZckY

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Jaxel, I'm running into the following error when trying to submit a video from YouTube

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRmedio/Model/Submit.php(85) : eval()'d code at line 1
eval() in EWRmedio/Model/Submit.php at line 85
EWRmedio_Model_Submit->fetchFeedInfo() in EWRmedio/ControllerPublic/Media.php at line 144
EWRmedio_ControllerPublic_Media->actionSubmit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mileskan/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13

Video link is

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h6gitGZckY

Thanks in advance :)
Go to: media/service/youtube/edit

Change Keywords to:
Code:
!empty($json['media$keywords']['$t']) ? $json['media$keywords']['$t'] : null
This error seemed to appear if a video has no keywords... Which is pretty rare actually, seeing as how after all this time, between this XF mod, and the VB4/3 mods, no one has ever reported it... haha.

Go to: media/service/youtube/edit

Change Keywords to:
Code:
!empty($json['media$keywords']['$t']) ? $json['media$keywords']['$t'] : null
This error seemed to appear if a video has no keywords... Which is pretty rare actually, seeing as how after all this time, between this XF mod, and the VB4/3 mods, no one has ever reported it... haha.

Thanks Jaxel, Works a charm. :)

I'm curious how images work with XenMedio. Can anyone please clarify? It looks like image categories are only viewable by slideshow? The current implementation may be the preferred method by the majority of users, but I was kind of hoping to see an index of thumbnails for each category where a slideshow would be optional.

I'm curious how images work with XenMedio. Can anyone please clarify? It looks like image categories are only viewable by slideshow? The current implementation may be the preferred method by the majority of users, but I was kind of hoping to see an index of thumbnails for each category where a slideshow would be optional.
XenMedio does not natively host ANY media... videos, or images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom