• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the individual video page.

f1f50b37d06e88e5723bf33b071ad069_medio_issue.jpg

You can see the problem along the right side of the video - sidebar items floating on top of the video.. and the video itself falling outside of the content area.

You can see the problem along the right side of the video - sidebar items floating on top of the video.. and the video itself falling outside of the content area.
The embed size of the youtube video is probably to large for the container.

Jaxel it has been about a month since you replied to anyone asking for help. Is this another VB abandonment? I really like your mods but how can I install when you left over 500 users broken on vb.org (ANYONE WHO UPGRADED) and now no replies..

Please let us know your intentions. I would love to install some of your mods since they are great but have been keeping an eye on them and seeing the support come slowly.

What customizations have to done to that page? or your settings?

You can take a look at the Media > Services > YouTube. At the bottom are the dimensions for your videos from YouTube. Normally I'd advise you not to change them but try adjusting and seeing what affect it has on this issue.

I hate to bump here but it has been over 2 weeks and this issue is current the biggest concern on my site. I know the timing sucked with this problem arising right before the great Jaxel pc crash of 2011 :)

Any guidance here would be appreciated.
I can't replicate the issue. Are you running the most recent version of XenMedio?

2 issues...

1 - Eric's Minecraft skin isn't yet compatible with most modifications, which is why you have an extra content container around the page.

2 - the defualt XenForo width is something like 935px... this is a PAINFULLY small page that completely wastes over 75px of valuable desktop estate, and should be increased to something like 990px at minimum.

I can't replicate the issue. Are you running the most recent version of XenMedio?

I was running 1.3.2. I looked at 1.3.3 and didn't see anything I urgently needed so I held off on that update. Based on your inquiry I went ahead and moved to 1.3.3 today and it appears to have resolved the issue. Thanks.

I discovered one minor bug. When a quote is entered in the movie description it does not display correctly in the sidebar.

XenMedio.webp

Also, it would be nice if thumbnails for locally hosted media could be added when entering the rest of the movie information. Presently you need to submit the movie, then edit the video, then modify the thumbnail.

Check the BB Code block settings in Style Properties.
That looks to be the default margin-right value @messageInfo.margin-left - change it to a percentage (e.g. 85%) and it will work better.

Check the BB Code block settings in Style Properties.
That looks to be the default margin-right value @messageInfo.margin-left - change it to a percentage (e.g. 85%) and it will work better.

You are dead on correct.

I took a look and traced it on up to my default style. I have made 0 edits to my default style. If this setting is not standard then it must have been accidentally changed shortly after I installed the software.

Current the Right: box has the contents @messageInfo.margin-left

It seems that is not intentional. I tried pressing "undo changes" but that had no effect. I'd like to revert this back to the install settings. What should be in that box?

XFbbcode.webp

That's the default setting, it was changed a few releases ago IIRC.

If you don't want a margin there, change it to 0

I tried 85% and that setting was worse. Eventually I dialed it down to 1% and it looks perfect. Thanks a lot. Would have never found the root issue without you.

A minor issue with how XenMedio handles non-alpha numeric chars

There is a game called Blade and Soul which is often referred to as B&S. I tried to enter B&S as a tag but the & would not be accepted.

Also, a member posted media which had quotation marks in the title. The title of the post didn't look well when each quotation mark was replaced with "

XenMedio1.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom