• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media) v1.0.3 CHANGELOG
  • New GLOBAL bbcode for embedding media library items has been added: [medio]
  • Playlist Feature has been added...
    • Use the media library to see how it works. It's pretty in depth and I've used the critisizm I've recieved over the implementation of the system in the vb4 version to improve the implementation of this version.
  • The Edit Media page now has the ability to upload new thumbnails!
  • The Comment System has been moved to AJAX! yay...
  • Autothread Creation Feature has been implemented!
    • Now when a select media is added to the library, the user will be given the option to automatically create a thread for the media. If they select this option, a thread will be created and the ID to that thread will be linked on the media. From then on, any comments posted to the media will automatically get posted on that media's linked thread.
    • The reverse will NOT happen; if a user posts to the media's linked thread, it will not automatically post to the comments of the media. This is mostly due to the lack of hooks in XenForo, but it also has to do with the fact that BBcode is not permitted in the comments, but BBcode is permitted in thread posts.
    • There are of course some other drawbacks to this auto comment posting system. If a comment is edited on the media page within the media library, it will not automatically get edited on the thread page, and vice versa. The same goes for deleting a comment/post. The media comment and the thread post are two separate entities and thusly are treated differently. The only information they share, is the linked IP ID to store the commenter's IP address.
  • BreadCrumbs have been slightly changed to follow the XenForo methodology.
  • All small icons have been converted to CSS Sprites!
  • Media List construct has been changed to suit more search types...
  • Submission Service Parser has been slightly changed to support local media.
  • Function has been added to the install procedure to handle if new columns already exist.

Code:
Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/wot/public_html/library/EWRmedio/Install.php on line 94

When trying to upgrade I get that.

Can the comments just be on the media page only, and the create thread option removed from user selection via the ACP due to the aspects you mentioned as potential issues?

This could be why its not working at all for me... installs, but not importing any video content.
That has nothing to do with the current issues.

The current issue is that for some reason all the template edits I have done have been reverted and I have to redo all of them.

Can the comments just be on the media page only, and the create thread option removed from user selection via the ACP due to the aspects you mentioned as potential issues?
of course...

Is this possible ?

When a new media is added: A linked thread is created, but the thread is locked to direct forum posts by default.​
A link to the media entry is included in the linked thread - so users who want to comment can do so, but only from the Media entry commeting.​
If possible, comments from the Media Entry do appear in the locked forum thread. Essentially commenting from the Media entry bypasses the Forum Post lock.​
New comments, do cause the linked thread to have a "New Posts" designation (Appear in the What's New) - to keep the popular media entries alive in the forums.​
In this model: Users won't forget the Media - because new Media posts are seen in the forums. And this also avoids having "Two threads" (a comments thread and a forum thread).​

Is this possible ?

When a new media is added: A linked thread is created, but the thread is locked to direct forum posts by default.​
A link to the media entry is included in the linked thread - so users who want to comment can do so, but only from the Media entry commeting.​
If possible, comments from the Media Entry do appear in the locked forum thread. Essentially commenting from the Media entry bypasses the Forum Post lock.​
New comments, do cause the linked thread to have a "New Posts" designation (Appear in the What's New) - to keep the popular media entries alive in the forums.​
In this model: Users won't forget the Media - because new Media posts are seen in the forums. And this also avoids having "Two threads" (a comments thread and a forum thread).​
Already in the options... got you covered mate!

Okay... I believe I have fixed the template issues now... I have just uploaded a new package...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom