• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I updated to beta 3 for sure this time. I don't know what happened last time I tried to update. It said it did, but still showed "beta 2".

Anyways, I have installed this mod successfully. Thanks.

So far with your mod installed, I don't see a tag cloud? Animated or static, but there are options for it and it is enabled.

Also, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to add media. I have all permissions for the admin set to allow. I know the free version only allows youtube, but I just don't see an option to add any type of media.

create a folder in /data/ called /media/ and CHMOD it 777... I forgot to add this step to the install procedure in the first version. Then delete and resubmit your videos. In the next version, there will be the option to manually upload thumbnails.
I still have the same issue. I chmod the data and internal_data directories to 777 and tried even creating /data/called/media chmod it 777 but in vain. What seems to be the prob? aprt from this everything else is working

I'm almost certain he meant that you needed to create a folder called /media/ inside of the /data/ directory, not a directory called /data/called/media/ :P

(ps, don't create /media/inside of the/data/ :D)

Jaxel,

Can you give some more insight/guidance on pricing. I am happy to pay for this mod, just not sure $135 (as referenced in an earlier post) is something I could see doing...Any thought to bundling with a discount? (For this mod/but maybe as a suite of several of your mods...and maybe including copyright removal as an option for several mods)?
Please don't take this question the wrong way, I really like all of your work...just trying to be smart about my investments.

Thanks!

Yer... it gets a bit over-rated when a mod price outweights the price of the initial product... your mod is ok and all, but its not xenforo, which only sells for $140. A bundled price all inclusive would be nice, ie. $50 gets you everything, or how you have it for those who don't want copyright removal and just want to buy each media location.

Jaxel,

Can you give some more insight/guidance on pricing. I am happy to pay for this mod, just not sure $135 (as referenced in an earlier post) is something I could see doing...Any thought to bundling with a discount? (For this mod/but maybe as a suite of several of your mods...and maybe including copyright removal as an option for several mods)?
Please don't take this question the wrong way, I really like all of your work...just trying to be smart about my investments.

Thanks!
Yer... it gets a bit over-rated when a mod price outweights the price of the initial product... your mod is ok and all, but its not xenforo, which only sells for $140. A bundled price all inclusive would be nice, ie. $50 gets you everything, or how you have it for those who don't want copyright removal and just want to buy each media location.

$100+ for the cost of this mod is a bit of a misnomer. As I've said many times, this mod is free with YouTube support. Nothing requires you to get the premium model and buy EVERY service xml file. In fact, it would be downright foolish to do so. There are so many video hosting websites on the net, and I am constantly adding new service xml files. Since there are so many video hosting websites out there, a large majority of them are designed for specific audiences...

For instance.
You wouldn't need Hulu, unless your website is about television shows...
You wouldn't need Own3D or GameTrailers unless your website was about video games...
You wouldn't need MegaVideo unless you're streaming anime...
etc...

The idea behind selling the service xml files separately is that administrators can cater the mod to their specific needs.

$100+ for the cost of this mod is a bit of a misnomer. As I've said many times, this mod is free with YouTube support. Nothing requires you to get the premium model and buy EVERY service xml file. In fact, it would be downright foolish to do so. .

Thanks for the reply. I am inclined to think I would only want Youtube, maybe Google (maybe you can help me overcome my ignorance, why would I want Youtube JSON...I don't know what this means in terms of performance/utility).

What about the idea of bundling a few of these. I would be inclined to purchase porta/wiki/media...what about a price brake for several purchases, with or without combined copyright...

Again, not trying to be a pain in the ass...I think you do fantastic work, and I know ala carte may be easier to do from an administrative point of view. I just wonder if I can get a better deal by buying more than one mod and wonder if you might do better with a volume licensing model over the ala carte method.

If more convenient, we could take this offline via PM.

Thanks again.

YouTube JSON is free... its included in the default install...

JSON is the best solution because it has the least amount of data in bytes. The mod will parse different types of text streams and exact information. JSON would be the fastest, right in front of XML. HTML packages are a bit more work for the system because it has to parse through the entire webpage looking for information. Unfortunately, not all websites offer JSON or XML individual feeds.

I'll consider doing "genre" packages in the future, but not right now...

XenPorta (Portal)
XenCarta (Wiki)
XenMedio (Media)

Need a stable home to flourish.
Plus, XenMedio needs a XenCarta for documentation !
:)

After signing up on your demo site and seeing how it works. I wanted to report that I have no admin options, even though everything is set to allow. I have 6 categories that all say "General Media" and a "Random Media" link. That's it.

EDIT: I tried un-installing and re-installing a few times. Even deleted and reuploaded files & folders from package. I now I get one category: "General Media" as it should, but still no tag cloud, no admin options.

After signing up on your demo site and seeing how it works. I wanted to report that I have no admin options, even though everything is set to allow. I have 6 categories that all say "General Media" and a "Random Media" link. That's it.

EDIT: I tried un-installing and re-installing a few times. Even deleted and reuploaded files & folders from package. I now I get one category: "General Media" as it should, but still no tag cloud, no admin options.
link please? you wont have a tag cloud until you actually have tags... it would be stupid to render an empty cloud.

I have some new information. If I set all permission to allow for unregistered group, they can submit media etc. However, the admin does not regardless of settings. There are no errors in the server error log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom