• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media) v1.0.3 CHANGELOG
  • New GLOBAL bbcode for embedding media library items has been added: [medio]

I tried this on the forums but it didn't work.
Code:
[medio]http://xen1.8wayrun.com/media/hatsune-miku-po-pi-po-concert-ver.49/[/medio]

Would it be possible to have a "Copy Medio to Clipboard" link - so I could easily copy and paste the media library item where I want ?

for this item,
http://xen1.8wayrun.com/media/hatsune-miku-po-pi-po-concert-ver.49/
what is the bbcode link ?

I tried the above [ medio ] embedding here.

[medio]49[/medio]
That's pretty easy, but ....
Would it be possible to have a "Copy Medio to Clipboard" link - so I could easily copy and paste the media library item where I want ?
This would help out more people ... whom
(1) aren't aware enough about URLs to know that http://xen1.8wayrun.com/media/neo-lebowski.53/ is actually media item 53.
(2) even if they know to remember 53, they might not still remember.
(3) forum people are lazy, better make it easy for them.
(4) How's this ?
xenmedio.copy.to.clipboard.medio.link.helper.webp

Great will be going for Premium Version this week :)

Like DigitalDoctor Mentioned xengalleria would be awesome from you.

adding youtube.Go this error "Mysqli prepare error: Table 'amj_xenforum.ewrmedio_playlists' doesn't exist"
I think the install procedures are the one thing I dont like about XenForo...

Anyways, as it turns out, I forgot to add the install code for the playlists. I've uploaded a new package, just upload the files and then re-run the "upgrade" process. It will install the playlist table for you then.

Pretty much every issue people have had with my mods is because of installation issues.

I think the install procedures are the one thing I dont like about XenForo...

Anyways, as it turns out, I forgot to add the install code for the playlists. I've uploaded a new package, just upload the files and then re-run the "upgrade" process. It will install the playlist table for you then.

Pretty much every issue people have had with my mods is because of installation issues.

lol..thanks !!! after all we are HUMAN... ;)

lol..thanks !!! after all we are HUMAN... ;)
Well remember, as the developer, I dont work with the installation. I do all my table stuff in PhpMyAdmin and I do everything else in XenForo's debug mode. So I never really get to see how the installations work. I just have to throw it together and assume that its going to work...

Just a suggestion, but the XF license agreement allows a password-protected test installation, which you could use to uninstall/reinstall/upgrade your addons. Would likely save a lot of headaches for you and your users to get the issues taken care of before release. :)

With your latest version I get:

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INDEX (`user_id`), ) ENGINE = InnoDB CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_' at line 9
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare()inZend/Db/Statement.phpat line115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct()inZend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.phpat line381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line467
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()inEWRmedio/Install.phpat line107
  5. EWRmedio_Install::installCode()
  6. call_user_func()inXenForo/Model/AddOn.phpat line204
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml()inXenForo/Model/AddOn.phpat line159
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.phpat line180
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line303
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/**********/admin.phpat line13

With your latest version I get:
Fixed... just a small typo with a comma...

Just a suggestion, but the XF license agreement allows a password-protected test installation, which you could use to uninstall/reinstall/upgrade your addons. Would likely save a lot of headaches for you and your users to get the issues taken care of before release. :)
I'll have to do that for the future... vBulletin's install procedures were a lot easier because it had it's own table generation constructs... so you didn't have to work building the dealings of semantics.

Why do I get this with just about every video I try to include?

Syndication of this video was restricted by its owner.

I can use those URL's in XF video media and they embed perfectly into a thread, but won't via this system... issue?

Is it because its trying to pull the title and such, thus is failing because its trying to pull more than just the video? Can it attempt to retrieve the data, but if can't, will still go straight to the embed so the title and such is manually entered? It just fails otherwise on nearly every music video that can otherwise be embedded normally into a thread and played.

Is it because its trying to pull the title and such, thus is failing because its trying to pull more than just the video? Can it attempt to retrieve the data, but if can't, will still go straight to the embed so the title and such is manually entered? It just fails otherwise on nearly every music video that can otherwise be embedded normally into a thread and played.
Information is polled from an XML/JSON file related to the specific video. The XML/JSON itself is telling the system that the video can't be embedded. Right now there is no way to determine WHY the video cant be embedded; whether its because the syndication of the video was restricted by the owner, the embedding is disabled for your country, or perhaps the video itself was deleted. I could program it to bypass the error, but errors are there for a reason... you can't embed a video that doesn't exist.

However, if you give me a link to a problematic video, I will look into figuring out a way to determine whether or not the related information has to do with region/syndication issues, or deletion/copyright issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1yOGhnmYfI

Heaps of them... just go through the top 40 singles and find them on YouTube, and they don't work through this media library, but you can insert them via the xenforo video feature and they embed perfectly and play in-site.

How can the error be disabled then?
Go to: /media/service/youtube/edit
Replace the contents of "Error Info: $errs =" with "null"

This will remove the error checking for YouTube. I see that YouTube's API has a "reasoncode" included in it's error... I can use that to check for valid errors.

Sometimes videos just have embedding completely disabled... even XenForo's system wouldn't be able to play it. This is why the error information is essential. Or what if an account is suspended? Hell, what if the video was made private? And the only reason the user can see it is because they have been given permission. If they try to embed it, it should properly give an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom