• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What version of MySQL do you have? It appears to be an old MySQL bug:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=6604

For now, what you can do is find line 88 on Install.php
Code:
UNIQUE KEY `UNIQUE` (`service_id`,`service_value`,`service_value2`),

and replace it with:
Code:
UNIQUE KEY `UNIQUE` (`service_id`,`service_value`(100),`service_value2`(100)),
same here
ekranalntsqn.jpg

Its weird how some installs have problems but other dont :confused: My Media has been fine after the last update? :)
Everyone is running different software versions on their servers, that is the issue. Whilst a minimum is set for XF to run, developers may build their mods on a later version, which can hinder older versions, and even vice versa, building on the minimum version may cause issues on later versions if something was a bug and thus fixed. The other problem is that some things get scrapped in newer versions, so what you rely on in MySQL from 5.0.1, may not exist at all in 5.2 and been replaced by something superior.

Whilst all major software providers attempt for backwards compatibility, it doesn't necessarily mean they achieve it at every instance, thus sometimes a small workaround may be required to suit specific versions.

Just wondering or we could get a LIKE button on the media page where the movie is playing; I prefer to have the forums excluded from media playing. The LIKE button is what I miss from the movie playing page....

thanks!! :-D

So no more overlay player?
No... that still exists... but for media threads (the ones with the auto posting of comments)... clicking on the media thread will bring you to the media... instead of the thread.

This of course will only happen if you have auto thread lock enabled.

OK cool...also I have built an uploader addon to be included in your ewrmedio sidebar template...do you mind if I post? I have a it setup at my site now and works perfect. Just needs a bit of styling.

OK cool...also I have built an uploader addon to be included in your ewrmedio sidebar template...do you mind if I post? I have a it setup at my site now and works perfect. Just needs a bit of styling.
Okay...

Here is the new description of the Auto Lock Thread option:
If set, threads will automatically get locked to prevent posting. If this setting is enabled, when a user clicks on a media thread, they will instead be brought to the media and comment page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom