• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep... the old VB mod clashes which I don't miss at all... install a mod by itself, it works, add some other specific mod, now both don't work, or only one works... go VB :D

@Stan... simple solution - dump VB and move to XF... VB is a sinking ship... don't go down with it.

Yep... the way in which the core of the product integrates with a mod. Vastly different systems... VB doesn't keep mods separate, XF does.

Revert the Navigation template if you made any changes this should fix your issue.
Thanks; I did that, but the tab is still empty and going to /media doesn't show the tabLinks part of the navbar. o_O I'll try upgrading to RC1 and see if that works.

Jaxel,

Like I said this is a great mod, I am just a little worried based on what I seen over at vb.org. Yes there are many people who have it working on 4.11 and many who dont. The reason is because the people having the issues are installing it on a fresh 4.11 install. But anyway I know it is a free mod and was very pleased with it. Just dont want to install the mod upload hundreds of videos and not get any support for it in the event it breaks.

Also for me to dump all of my 160 VB licenses and switch to Xen is not something a normal person can do. I do have XF licenses and am slowly migrating away but I as well as many other people can not do it quickly.

Stan,

You spent $180 x 160 = $28,800 on vB licenses.
Get a price quote from Jaxel to fix it.
I'd say ballpark $1000.
Anyone who spends $28,800 can afford $1000.
I doubt it is a good idea to spend $30,000 on Xenforo licenses.
Everyone should know there is a cost to keeping up aging infrastructure, taking a 3.4% hit on your $28,800 investment seems like peanuts.

Stan,

You spent $180 x 160 = $28,800 on vB licenses.
Get a price quote from Jaxel to fix it.
I'd say ballpark $1000.
Anyone who spends $28,800 can afford $1000.
I doubt it is a good idea to spend $30,000 on Xenforo licenses.
Everyone should know there is a cost to keeping up aging infrastructure, taking a 3.4% hit on your $28,800 investment seems like peanuts.

The licenses were not purchased all at once and were certainly not $180 each. Over 100 were at a cost of about $80 from DP, NP or other sites, the others were under $120 with my discount.

The purchases have been made over the past 12 or so years. So do not think I am rich, but I wish I was :)

Revert the Navigation template if you made any changes this should fix your issue.
After finally fixing all of my outdated templates/customizations, there's still no text on the tab and it leads to the index instead of the media page. Any ideas? :confused:

EDIT: May be a file permissions issue; I'll check into it later tonight.

After finally fixing all of my outdated templates/customizations, there's still no text on the tab and it leads to the index instead of the media page. Any ideas? :confused:

EDIT: May be a file permissions issue; I'll check into it later tonight.

Ermm no clue there's small space where media should be showing up but it doesnt even takes to media section probably jaxel knows the issue.

Ermm no clue there's small space where media should be showing up but it doesnt even takes to media section probably jaxel knows the issue.
Update: double-checked all of my permissions on the uploaded files, but that didn't resolve it, so:
Jaxel said:
"I'm Jaxel and I'm saying this so an alert will pop up saying Trombones13 quoted me even though I'm already subscribed to this thread and would get one anyway!
Here's a link to the Media page on my site, where you can see the "Media" tab is missing as is the blue strip of the navigation. :confused:

Also, are user playlists publicly visible? If not...could they be? lol

EVERYONE who had this problem he has, always said "its not a template problem"... Then after a few days they come back and say "you were right, it was a template problem". And I mean EVERYONE. So I can confidently say, its a template problem.

Well can you provide User Id and pass to Test the issue ?

Cause the issue there seems due to template few others including me had same problem with this add-on .

EVERYONE who had this problem he has, always said "its not a template problem"... Then after a few days they come back and say "you were right, it was a template problem". And I mean EVERYONE. So I can confidently say, its a template problem.
OK; I'll check through them and see what's up. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom