[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Is anyone using this addon that runs an MMO game guild to schedule raids?

I am thinking this just might do it. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

I don't understand the time settings and would appreciate some help.

I'm trying to set the beginning of the event for 12:30 pm, but the number 12 is not an option, and I can't set minutes. Also, there doesn't seem to be an option for setting the end of the event, which in this case would be 4:00 pm the same day.

Ok, as co-founder of a renowned drama free multi-game guild (10 year old guild with members mostly 30-70+ years of age) I'm ready to purchase and I am hoping this comes with good support, because we'll need it.

I've seen Jaxel give both very good support and bad (sorry). This is the best calendar addon but needs work (additional features/bug fixes) and good support. I'm ready to give a good review. Let's see what happens. :)

I can't wait to see our Tyrs War Room rise from the ashes!

Commodore,

Tyrs Paladium Guild Co Founder
tyrspaladium.com

Is anyone using this addon that runs an MMO game guild to schedule raids?

I am thinking this just might do it. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
There is an RSVP system, but its not really a "registration" system. So I'm not sure how that would apply for you.

I don't understand the time settings and would appreciate some help.

I'm trying to set the beginning of the event for 12:30 pm, but the number 12 is not an option, and I can't set minutes. Also, there doesn't seem to be an option for setting the end of the event, which in this case would be 4:00 pm the same day.
Can you post a screen shot?

Ok, I should let you know that I'm running a beta version I installed last year before you released the XenAtendo 2 PRO. I'm happy to purchase the license for the PRO, but I need some information. I have yet to upgrade xenforo 1.5 to the latest version. As I'm pressed for time right now, can I run PRO on 1.5? I'm assuming I don't need the Portal, is that right? And hopefully I won't have the same problem with setting the hours and minutes in the new version.

Also, I don't understand widgets. Is a widget required?

screenshot.webp

Last edited:
There is an RSVP system, but its not really a "registration" system. So I'm not sure how that would apply for you.

As for registration, I'm saddened that noone has created a member directory/registration system that syncs with an events manager, but since yours is the most popular of the event systems, I've gone with your product.

Now that I've purchased it -- I need to fix a few bugs (1. foreground text color/background color nearly identical. 2. Large photos overflow margins) and customize a few things...

I posed some questions to you on your site. Please help as soon as possible as I'd like to debut the site in a few days...

Ok, I should let you know that I'm running a beta version I installed last year before you released the XenAtendo 2 PRO. I'm happy to purchase the license for the PRO, but I need some information. I have yet to upgrade xenforo 1.5 to the latest version. As I'm pressed for time right now, can I run PRO on 1.5? I'm assuming I don't need the Portal, is that right? And hopefully I won't have the same problem with setting the hours and minutes in the new version.

Also, I don't understand widgets. Is a widget required?

View attachment 142761
Yeah... I cant really give support for beta versions. All my addons are setup assuming you keep XenForo up to date. I dont know how they would react to forums below 1.5.3. XenPorta is not required.

As for registration, I'm saddened that noone has created a member directory/registration system that syncs with an events manager, but since yours is the most popular of the event systems, I've gone with your product.

Now that I've purchased it -- I need to fix a few bugs (1. foreground text color/background color nearly identical. 2. Large photos overflow margins) and customize a few things...

I posed some questions to you on your site. Please help as soon as possible as I'd like to debut the site in a few days...
The default colors are designed around how XenForo's color palette system works. You can just use extra.css to change the background colors of your elements. Use Chrome Inspector to find out the name of the elements you wish to change.

Dark Grey text /Dark Grey background??? Is this the default. Is there a way to change these colors in the color palette or templates somewhere? Id rather not use CSS for this. If I must use CSS can you please provide the code?

Here's some examples.

OHCxBgm.png

You can use CSS to change the text color.

Isn't there a way to fix this in the color palette somewhere?

If it MUST be done through CSS, what is the code? I need more support than the answer above.

Large pics overflow the left border. How do I fix this so its like everywhere else on the site and resizes properly?

Also, time zone. I am in New York. If someone from London is reading this event. Will it show HIS time zone or will it show mine until he mouses over it?

tcFEqoQ.png

??

Isn't there a way to fix this in the color palette somewhere?

If it MUST be done through CSS, what is the code? I need more support than the answer above.
If you changed it in the color palette, then your colors would change throughout your entire website. The background color of event elements is @primaryLightish. This is why I dont recommend changing your color palettes and just using CSS...

I dont give support for people on solving their skin issues. Just right click the element you want to look at and click "inspect". If you do this, you will see that the background color is defined in ".monthTable .monthMain .monthOccur".

Again... a skin issue. Ask whoever handles your skin.

Jaxel, this only happens in your add on. I paid you $30 bucks, let's not forget the $40 bucks before that last month for xenporta 2, and I can't get support for color correction?

.. when "out of the box" the option is dark grey font on dark grey background? I'm sorry Jaxel, this isn't sitting right with me.

... there is also a margin issue when large pictures are used.

Your answer here will dictate my score for both products. So far, I'm holding off to see if this level of service improves.

Last edited:
Jaxel, this only happens in your add on. I paid you $30 bucks, let's not forget the $40 bucks before that last month for xenporta 2, and I can't get support for color correction?

.. when "out of the box" the option is dark grey font on dark grey background? I'm sorry Jaxel, this isn't sitting right with me.

... there is also a margin issue when large pictures are used.
No, the "out of the box" option is this:

Untitled-1.webp

Full-scale addons can't just magically work with all skins ever made. So instead we must focus on making things look normal on the default XenForo skin. When you have a custom skin on your website, you should be prepared to make slight changes to extra.css to make it match your skin. This is just how things are and the reason why extra.css exists in the first place.

As for the margin... again, its a skin issue. XenAtendo2 doesn't make any changes to the postbit.

Nice pivot.

However, I am using a skin from pixelexit. One would think you need to be prepared to answer customer questions for arguably one of the top 3 theme buildiers in Xenforo. Heck, might not even be arguable.

I simply asked for the code to change colors. In the time it took you to reply with all that, you could have provided the few lines of code that was necessary for me to change those colors.

For $70, I am highly unsatisfied with the support you refuse to give.

I am not a CSS coder and do not want to mess things up, and wanted to not believe the various reports here that you do not support your addons, when I decided to purchase BOTH of your addons. I am beginning to think I made a mistake.

Last edited:
Nice pivot.

However, I am using a skin from pixelexit. One would think you need to be prepared to answer customer questions for arguably one of the top 3 theme buildiers in Xenforo. Heck, might not even be arguable.

I simply asked for the code to change colors. In the time it took you to reply with all that, you could have provided the few lines of code that was necessary for me to change those colors.

For $70, I am highly unsatisfied with the support you refuse to give.

I am not a CSS coder and do not want to mess things up, and wanted to not believe the various reports here that you do not support your addons, when I decided to purchase BOTH of your addons. I am beginning to think I made a mistake.
And I did answer your question. I told you EXACTLY what CSS modify: .monthTable .monthMain .monthOccur

Didn't I just say I am not a coder? I asked you several times now for the code (To make this crystal clear: I need the entire code.)

You leave me with no other option but to express my great dissatisfaction with your service in a review. This has soured my buying experience, and made a product that may have worked out simply ineffective for the reasons I've invested in it. Not worth the money in it's current state (incompatible out of the box with PixelExit themes) and with this level of support (and worse, a bad attitude).

If I cannot figure this out, I'll be seeking a refund for both products.

Last edited:
I want a different calendar for each guild.

How do I create a unique calendar? Can I do one per category? How do I do it??

DDO Calendar
Neverwinter Calendar
ESO Calendar
Guild Wars 2 Calendar

I also would prefer one button up top in the navbar that leads to the 4 calendars

Dude just ask Russ to hop on and tweak it for you, or ask him how to do it. I had some of the same types of issues (not exactly) but Russ was very helpful in guiding me. Geez.

I hear you Floyd.

It's just that this is something that should be handled by this add on developer, in my opinion. I've asked Russ to help with some of this, and figuring some out on my own.

I have a website release planned in 3 DAYS and I can't figure some of this stuff out.

Last edited:
Didn't I just say I am not a coder? I asked you several times now for the code (To make this crystal clear: I need the entire code.)

You leave me with no other option but to express my great dissatisfaction with your service in a review. This has soured my buying experience, and made a product that may have worked out simply ineffective for the reasons I've invested in it. Not worth the money in it's current state (incompatible out of the box with PixelExit themes) and with this level of support (and worse, a bad attitude).
Add this to extra.css:
Code:
.monthTable .monthMain .monthOccur {
    background-color: red;
}

Its completely compatible with the PixelExit themes. The theme I use on 8wayrun.com is a PixelExit theme.

I hear you Floyd.

It's just that this is something that should be handled by this add on developer, in my opinion. I've asked Russ to help with some of this, and figuring some out on my own.
This is NOT something that should be handled by the addon developer... as it is honestly an issue unrelated to the addon and more a slight issue with your skin. One easily fixed with one line of code. Just as addon developers can't make addons that magically work with all skins, skin developers can't make skins that magically work with all addons. You has a forum administrator are responsible for making the slight COSMETIC tweaks to make things look right for you and your community, or finding someone who can help you out with the coding aspects of your forum.

I've said MANY times, that I don't give support fixing people's skin issues; including to you. You seem to want me to hold your hand and help you code your forum; but I wont do that. And you got hostile extremely quickly... so you get a bad attitude.

I want a different calendar for each guild.

How do I create a unique calendar? Can I do one per category? How do I do it??

DDO Calendar
Neverwinter Calendar
ESO Calendar
Guild Wars 2 Calendar

I also would prefer one button up top in the navbar that leads to the 4 calendars
XenAtendo2 is a single calendar; however, you can use "event keywords" to filter out events you don't wish to see. Right now there is no way to view the calendar of a single keyword (aside from the Agenda view: ex https://8wayrun.com/calendar/soulcalibur-v.6/agenda)... though that is a good idea and I will look into adding it in the next version.

Top Bottom