1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 different charsets, latin1_spanish_ci , latin1_swedish_ci and latin1_general_ci

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by akpolakler, Feb 26, 2012.

1. akpolakler

akpolakler Member

Hi, excuse my poor english! I´m spanish... sorry

I have a question very important before i buy xenforo. In my database exist 3 different charsets, latin1_spanish_ci , latin1_swedish_ci and latin1_general_ci and for this reason it is not possible to realize the migration of my vb 3.8.1 to 4.1.10, I have been thinking in xenforo to update my forum, since I have seen that incorporates a converter.

My question is ¿ maybe a problem with the conversor of xenforo to convert posts vb 3.8.1 to xenforo with this three different charsets ? in a few words ¿ maybe possible?
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Those are all the same character set (Latin1, which is Windows-1252), they're just different collations which change the ordering/comparison of values. I believe XenForo should be able to import that without any issue.
  3. akpolakler

akpolakler Member

Thanks! if xenforo it´s capable to do this, xenforo now it´s fantastic for me!
  4. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I can confirm that this will not be an issue. :)

(Tested without errors)