XF 1.1 .3 - Blank Homepage

subster

Hi there,

first of all I want to say that I used vB for years and always thought it would be to top of the icecream, but playing with xenForo is so much more fun - I really love and am so glad to have found this ultra-modern soft.

However, while configuring a new forum I did not check the homepage for a while and made simple changes (like the sort order of the forums, creating new forums, creating prefixes and group them) - not big template changes at all.

All the subsites work, but the homepage shows a blank page with surpessed error message and I can't explain that.

My steps until now:

1. Rebuild all caches
2. Uploaded all files again (forum & style)
3. Reimported the style - xml
4. Reverted to the default style
5. Tried to revert all changes I could see from admin log.

Nothing helps - Homepage keeps blank.
Since I have reuploaded all files, I assume it has to be a database issue, or?
Is there a way to get the surpresse error message from the blank page with onboard tools?

You can see the the forum here:

Blank Homepage:
http://ecommerce-seo.org
Working Subpage:
http://ecommerce-seo.org/forums/white-hat/

Thank you very much for your help!

Hmm, odd. My first instinct is this could be a .htaccess issue.

I see you have full friendly URLs switched on.

It might be worth turning them off and renaming your .htaccess file to htaccess.txt (to stop it from being used).

If that solves the problem, then it suggests there's a rule in there which is causing the problem.

Though - might be easier in the short term to see if there's a suppressed error message... add this line to your config.php file:

PHP:
ini_set('display_errors', true);

A blank page is often a suppressed error. Try adding this line to your library/config.php file to see if that reveals any specific error message on the blank page:

Code:
ini_set('display_errors', true);

Also check the log:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

Thank you very much for your replies!

1. code line did not help, still just blank
2. Turned SEO urls of, still blank
3. renamed .htaccess, still blank

It worked before very well with this exact htaccess and I reuploaded completly from scratch - It must have to be something with the database I think

It's unlikely to be database as if it was then there'd either be an error, or the rest of your forum would be broken.

Did you check the Server Error log as Jake said?

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

Try disabling all addons to see if that fixes it. Also make sure there is not an extra index file in the directory that may be taking the place of index.php as the directory index.

If the problem persists then I can take a look if you give me FTP access.

Damn, I feel pretty pretty noobish! I nearly checked everything, but guess what? I did not recognize that there is an index.hml with 0 bytes in the root. Absolutley clueless where this one comes from. Argh! Sorry to have eaten up your time for a that stupid thing!

Top Bottom