$250 to remove brand removal?? Is this true?

zenzenzen

Before I buy XF, I saw that on top of the $140 licensing fee, it's an additional $250 to remove the copyright brand:

" Branding Removal - $250*
This allows you to remove the visible XenForo copyright notice from all pages."

It seems a bit high, since I'm already dropping $140 upfront

Do you guys remove the this brand/copy logo?
Are there other ways to remove the brand after spending $140? via CSS coding for example?

Worth noting you can buy it at any time so you can make the decision later if you don’t want to buy it now.

Can we actually hold you all to honor this in the future?

Another forum software recently decided to change their Branding Free option to include a ridiculously overpriced "renewal fee" every year. Please tell me that will never happen here.

Can we actually hold you all to honor this in the future?

Another forum software recently decided to change their Branding Free option to include a ridiculously overpriced "renewal fee" every year. Please tell me that will never happen here.
I actually wouldn't have an issue if branding free had an option for a lower initial cost, but with a renewal fee added to the license (tricky because of people not always wanting to renew). I'm more inclined to purchase that up front with a new license than the current $300 option, which I still have purchased for my main license.

I am surprised this thread is still going on, especially considering the OP was trolling and suggesting illegal edit as a walkaround. You know what? If you think the price is too much, you have an option just not to pay for it, all you have to do is to keep the Xenforo copyright at your forum footer. Lets not act like its even a requirement to run a forum. Trust me, 99.9% of your users dont mind it, most wont even pay attention unless they are interested in starting a forum themselves. You can use Xenforo without removing the copyright like I do, it doesnt hurt you at all.

Also lemme tell ya, IPB charges $500 for copyright removal, Xenforo's $250 is nothing at all. Be grateful its actually this cheap, Id charge at least $1000 if I make a software like this. Demanding branding free means you do not want to support the software you use by helping it bring new customers and grow(yeah help the forum software at no cost to yourself at all, and you dont want to lol). Then you either have to pay a premium price for your unwillingness to support the developers, or again you have a choice to use something else, one that maybe you want to support instead.

Last edited:
Looking at the thread title:

250 to remove brand removal?? Is this true?​

If you pay to remove the branding removal, how do you then remove the branding?

(still not refusing to reply in the thread)

Again the whiners should just chill out, $250 is a fair price and I'd honestly charge at least $1000 for branding removal of such a software. Most of you dont need this anyway, and the really big enterprises that may actually have a good reason to want this, even a few thousands dollars are nothing to them at all.

Sheldon Cooper Reaction GIF by CBS

I would think existence would be important for everyone. But that's a pretty deep conversation. What is life? What is existence? The alternative is nothingness? Is there an afterlife when you don't exist?
I don't know if Google translated my sentence correctly. I hope so. What I mean by 'existence' is 'visibility'. Xenforo wants to be seen, he wants people to be aware of his existence.

I consider your question about "
What is life? What is existence? The alternative is nothingness? Is there an afterlife when you don't exist?
" a rhetorical question. But if not, I have objective answers to all of them, but maybe we won't discuss them here.

Top Bottom