$250 to remove brand removal?? Is this true?

zenzenzen

Before I buy XF, I saw that on top of the $140 licensing fee, it's an additional $250 to remove the copyright brand:

" Branding Removal - $250*
This allows you to remove the visible XenForo copyright notice from all pages."

It seems a bit high, since I'm already dropping $140 upfront

Do you guys remove the this brand/copy logo?
Are there other ways to remove the brand after spending $140? via CSS coding for example?

How about purchase branding removal for $25 a month, when 10 continous month is met, the branding remove will be permanent.
In reality forum owners who really need branding removal will find the cost insignificant. For the majority, displaying the brand or advertising if you prefer, helps keep the product affordable.

Almost everything you purchase has a visible brand name which is not easily removed unless you want to hammer and chisel away at your iPhone or Ferrari. Having the option to remove the Xenforo branding is a rare service. At least that's the way I see it.

In reality forum owners who really need branding removal will find the cost insignificant. For the majority, displaying the brand or advertising if you prefer, helps keep the product affordable.

Almost everything you purchase has a visible brand name which is not easily removed unless you want to hammer and chisel away at your iPhone or Ferrari. Having the option to remove the Xenforo branding is a rare service. At least that's the way I see it.
Yes, quite.

It's obvious to me that XF price it high since they'd really rather it wasn't removed and compensates for the loss of their perceived marketing exposure. Other paid forum software has similar high prices.

Tbh I never understood why people even needed to remove the brand copyright, its at the footer and its nothing like an intrusive javascript code or video ad. I develop a software myself too and if a user asks to do this, I feel he/she doesnt like my software or isnt willing to support the development.

So heres my advice: If you think the price is expensive, then keep Xenforo credits at your site footer to support the developers and problem solved. If you dont want to support them or appreciate their had work, use another software.

It's not a matter of supporting or not or liking or not. Some companies may not want to see this type of copyright appear on their official pages. I think that individuals do not have this concern there but XF must propose the removal of copyright for certain institutional customers or large companies.

It's not a matter of supporting or not or liking or not. Some companies may not want to see this type of copyright appear on their official pages. I think that individuals do not have this concern there but XF must propose the removal of copyright for certain institutional customers or large companies.
Large companies can afford the extra $250 spend.

Also... If a company doesn't want to see this type of "copyright" to appear, then they can develop their own proprietary format.

I mean... honestly... In the grand scheme of things, $250 is chump change.

There are cheaper solutions out there. Some are free.

A premium product carries a premium price tag.

Do institutional customers or large companies care about whether their laptops carry the Apple brand name? Then why should they care if their forum carries the Xenforo brand name?

Top Bottom