24-hour sale information [Time Zones]

MilesDB

Started this thread just to summarize the available information so that people won't miss the announced XenForo sale.

We have:
XenForo said:
Barring unforseen circumstances, XenForo will go on sale next Tuesday, October 5th 2010, at some point during UK business hours.

UK business hours: 8am - 4pm Local Time
UK Time is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Summer (Daylight-Saving)Time is observed in UK Time, where the time is shifted forward by 1 hour; 1 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).

UK business hours in reference to other time zones:

USA:

Eastern Standard Time (EST): 3am - 11am
Central Standard Time (CST): 2am - 10am
Mountain Standard Time (MST): 1am - 9am
Pacific Standard Time (PST): 12.00am[midnight] - 8am

Australia:

Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane/Canberra Time (EST): 5pm [Oct 5] - 1am[Oct 6]
Adelaide/Darwin Time (CTS): 4.30pm[Oct5] - 12.30am[Oct6]
Perth Time (WST): 3pm-11pm

New Zealand:

Auckland/Wellington Time (NZDT): 8pm[Oct 5] - 4am[Oct 6]

Russia:

Moscow Time (MSD): 11am - 7pm
Novosibirsk Time (NOVST): 2pm - 10pm
Vladivostok Time (VLAST): 6pm - 2am[Oct 6]

Turkey:

Istanbul/Ankara/Izmir Time (EEST): 10am - 6pm

Japan:

Tokyo/Yokohama/Osaka/Kyoto Time (JST): 4pm -12.00am[midnight, Oct 6]

China:

Beijing/Shanghai/Harbin/Urümqi Time (CST): 3pm - 11pm

India:

New Delhi/Mumbai/Hyderãbãd/Chennai(IST): 12.30pm - 8.30pm

XenForo sale will start at some point during the above time frame and last for 24 hours!

1 day = 24 hours. Period.
You're not listening. Its like from one ear to the other.

Once again. When you release something in the MIDDLE of the day, and you DO NOT. I repeat, DO NOT know when THEY close ON the other side of the world...You regret not STAYING there until it opens.

And once again, TIMES are different across the world over. Now, if YOU release a product in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY, it can spread across two days. So, by the time it CLOSES. It would be in the middle of the day, NEXT DAY.

Geez.

You really shouldnt leave your calendar laying around!

5.png

You're not listening. Its like from one ear to the other.

Once again. When you release something in the MIDDLE of the day, and you DO NOT. I repeat, DO NOT know when THEY close ON the other side of the world...You regret not STAYING there until it opens.

And once again, TIMES are different across the world over. Now, if YOU release a product in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY, it can spread across two days. So, by the time it CLOSES. It would be in the middle of the day, NEXT DAY.

Geez.

Ah, time zones. Where the heck does this happen though? The product won't be released in the middle of the day. (I hope). It'd be easier if you quit referring it to as 2 days, becuase that implies two complete 24-hour cycles.

If i miss it i miss it, its too late for me now as i have to leave town.
Surely you'll be back within 24 hours though? If not can't you get internet access anywhere to buy it while out?

Remind me to steer clear from your forum, if i want to have my posts deleted by overzealous controlling mods ill go post at vbulletin.

Actually there's been a fair few post of yours that I like, it's just that one was unbelievable, not so much what you said but the way you put it.

Top Bottom