XF 2.1 2.1.4 Upgrade Stalled

ichpen

Weird issue trying to upgrade from 2.1.3 to 2.1.4.

Hit upgrade in ACP.

Process seems to have stalled with the below console error:

/js/xf/core-compiled.js?_v=840066bf:402 Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token

Hitting refresh produces:
Invalid key. Please upgrade manually.

It sounds like perhaps one of the files didn't copy over correctly.

As the message states on refresh, we'd recommend uploading the files manually (the old fashioned way) and trying again.

My own self help update :)

After unsuccessfully attempting a manual upgrade (same issue as above). It appears to be a specific to Chrome 76 issue. I was able to recover it with an old version of Opera and a manual upgrade.

It sounds like perhaps one of the files didn't copy over correctly.

As the message states on refresh, we'd recommend uploading the files manually (the old fashioned way) and trying again.

Just posted update above as you typed this. It appears to be specific to Chrome 76 (or maybe a Chrome addon dare I say?).

I doubt it would be a browser issue, directly.

Most likely is that whatever was wrong with the file, it was likely coming from the browser's cache which is why changing browsers appeared to fix it. Or, indeed, maybe a browser add-on.

Either way, glad you got it sorted.

I doubt it would be a browser issue, directly.

Most likely is that whatever was wrong with the file, it was likely coming from the browser's cache which is why changing browsers appeared to fix it. Or, indeed, maybe a browser add-on.

Either way, glad you got it sorted.

True could've been cache hell I suppose. I did flush redis and a bunch of stuff on the server but did not flush anything browser side so clearly not enough. Will need to be more careful clicking buttons next time. Thought I'd mention it in case someone else runs into this issue :)

Top Bottom