1 Year Extension

Byga

Hello, do I need to buy XenForo 1 Year Extension to download the latest version? Can I download XenForo Resource Manager even if I buy the latest version of xenforo?

Last edited:
Hello, do I need to buy XenForo 1 Year Extension to download the latest version? Can I download XenForo Resource Manager even if I buy the latest version of xenforo?
You have a license which is expired, so to download XF 2.2.13 (the latest version) you would need to purchase an extension.

You don't currently own Resource Manager so if you want that, then you would need to purchase that too.

Pro tip: Buy the extension first. Then buy Resource Manager. The extension price is increased if you own Resource Manager so buy the extension first.

You have a license which is expired, so to download XF 2.2.13 (the latest version) you would need to purchase an extension.

You don't currently own Resource Manager so if you want that, then you would need to purchase that too.

Pro tip: Buy the extension first. Then buy Resource Manager. The extension price is increased if you own Resource Manager so buy the extension first.
Unfortunately I still don't understand. If I only buy the Resource Manager, I cannot download the latest version of xenforo right now. Is it true?

lets suppose i want to renew the just xenforo extension excluding Resource so it automates to the the total amounting 70 USD in my example. No option visible to exclude it so i can just renew xenforo only when the renewal time comes?

lets suppose i want to renew the just xenforo extension excluding Resource so it automates to the the total amounting 70 USD in my example. No option visible to exclude it so i can just renew xenforo only when the renewal time comes?
No, there's no option to do that. As far as I'm aware, the only way to not pay for your Resource Manager renewal is to have it removed from your license. Doing that, however, would mean that you'd have to uninstall it from your site as well. That's why Chris recommended that you renew your XF license before purchasing the RM.

I don't think that is true. You don't need to renew core XF if you want to keep using it so why would you have uninstall resource manager if you don't want access to newer versions?

I think you missed the previous line to my statement...if you remove it from you license, you have to remove it from your site. If you want to have it remain with your license, then you also have to pay the RM renewal fee any time you renew your XF license.

As far as I'm aware, the only way to not pay for your Resource Manager renewal is to have it removed from your license. Doing that, however, would mean that you'd have to uninstall it from your site as well.

I don't think that is true. You don't need to renew core XF if you want to keep using it so why would you have uninstall resource manager if you don't want access to newer versions?
It is true. If you ask us to remove it from your account you are effectively relinquishing your license to use it. It makes your renewal cheaper but if you wish to continue using it then you would need to repurchase it at full price.

Top Bottom