1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 BG for header and HTML area?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Divvens, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

We are working on a full page background something similar to this - http://css-tricks.com/3458-perfect-full-page-background-image/

I've tried a few things, and the header and HTML area (General in style property groups) have different option for BG, can I use the same full page BG for both completely erasing the header bg?

2. Divvens

This is what I mean, even if I remove the logo I still can't get the same background image as the HTML area behind the header, I want the same image for the whole page as the bg, do I need to do something in the extra.css?
    bgproblem.png

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try setting the header area to transparent and a negative top position for the background image.

CapnLuffy likes this.
  4. Divvens

Thanks Brogan sorted it out, I'll be having some more questions during the making of my third theme :p Just like last two times xD

5. Brogan

How did you sort it in the end?

I've never tried doing that so have no idea if what I suggested would work :D

CapnLuffy likes this.
  6. Divvens

I made the header bg transparent and it worked, didn't need to align the main bg :p

7. Divvens

Hmm, was fairly easy the third time, sorted out majority of my doubts on my own :D But I still have one doubt which I was unable to solve, how do you change the color of the followers and following count box on a users profile page?

problem.png

8. Brogan

Add to EXTRA.css:
    Code:
    .textWithCount.subHeading .count {
    color: red !important;
    }

CapnLuffy likes this.
  9. Divvens

My theme is ready and is gonna go live for members in around 3 hours, but we just have one last minor problem :p How do I change the color for the Xenforo Copyright text?
    "Forum software by XenForo™ ©2011 XenForo Ltd."

I want it changed only in that one theme and not all the themes.

10. Brogan