1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented [1.5] Option to choose the position of tags when viewing a thread

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by imthebest, Jun 25, 2015.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

In the HYS Thread Tagging Mike posted an screenshot of how the thread_view will look:

I believe that it would be useful if you include an option in the tagging system so we can choose where to display the tags for a thread:
    • Below the thread title (default)
    • Below the first post
    • Bottom of the thread page

2. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Can already display anything wherever you want with template modifications. I think it's fine.
    semprot and Tracy Perry like this.
  3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

True but this will be something that many sites will use.
    Xon and 51463 like this.
  4. Sami Jalal

Sami Jalal Well-Known Member

Agree.. !
  5. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

While it is true that we can use the template modification system for this, it is also true that nothing is more convenient than having an integrated option to just choose the position.
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

We have implemented a switch for top and bottom positions. This is content agnostic, so any content type supporting tags is expected to respect the value for the option. (More positions that may be content-specific would generally need to be done with a specific template change.)
    imthebest, Liam W and kaieivindm like this.
  7. QenTox

QenTox Well-Known Member

How can I have tags below the first post? What I have to do please? Top and Bottom positions are not what I need :(
  8. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

Go to Options --> Content Tagging or use (admin.php?options/list/tagging) and change the "Tag Display Position" to bottom.

I didn't read very well...
    This is to have the tags at the bottom, not behind the first post. No idea how to do that.
  9. QenTox

QenTox Well-Known Member

Care to share how to achieve this? I want to have below first post in each thread the tags. Thanks a lot in advance for any help.
  10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You should post in the relevant customer forum for support.

Support isn't and shouldn't be provided in the public forums.