Fixed 1.4 redactor ctrl z quirky

I've noticed this in 1.3 as well. Sometimes it would delete an entire phrase, sometimes just the styling that was done before that and sometimes a single letter (Using Chrome 36 and OS X).

I have to say I have also noticed some unpredictable results with undo and redo.

It's sometimes a little over zealous as to what it considers to be your last action; to the point where it can delete entire sentences.

A behaviour similar to an application such as Microsoft Word or similar would be good.

I've been seeing this since the 1.2 branch of code, but I didn't think of it as a big problem.

Ctrl + Z (undo) and Ctrl + Y (redo) are indeed not working as expected. I'm experiencing this odd behavior in both XenForo 1.3 and 1.4.

Please give some specific examples of what you're doing (buttons clicked, actions taken), what undo does and what you expect undo to do.

Please give some specific examples of what you're doing (buttons clicked, actions taken), what undo does and what you expect undo to do.

In the quick reply:

1) Enter the text "Test Test"

1.webp

2) Hit 2x enter, write another text "Test"

2.webp

3) Select the last paragraph with the mouse

3.webp

4) Hit the delete button to remove the text

4.webp

5) Hit CTRL + Z to restore the deleted text => it doesn't work, and the cursor automatically moves 1 paragraph upwards.

5.webp

In the quick reply:

1) Enter the text "Test Test"

View attachment 79971

2) Hit 2x enter, write another text "Test"

View attachment 79972

3) Select the last paragraph with the mouse

View attachment 79973

4) Hit the delete button to remove the text

View attachment 79976

5) Hit CTRL + Z to restore the deleted text => it doesn't work, and the cursor automatically moves 1 paragraph upwards.

View attachment 79975
The same on Windows 8.1 with latest Chrome stable version

Did you roll out some of the changes yesterday? I thought I had noticed an improvement, then.

I've just done a rudimentary test and it does seem to be quite a bit better :)

I can't say for sure, but I think I noticed a similar over zealous behaviour in the template editor in the Admin CP but I haven't used it for a while so I appreciate that's pretty vague...

Top Bottom