XF 1.4 1.4.8 to 1.4.9 upgrade issue

MySiteGuy

Per the instructions I followed the upgrade procedure, same as before. However, this time when I go to the install folder on my web server it shows:

-----------------
No Upgrade Available

You are already running the current version (1.4.8). To do a fresh install, click here.

[Rebuild Master Data]
-----------------
Just to be certain I copied the files over again, and it still shows the same thing, no upgrade available.

It's doing this with two different installations of XF.

It looks like you have either uploaded the wrong version or you have uploaded the files to the wrong location. Note that you should be uploading the contents of the upload folder that is in the XenForo 1.4.9 package, you shouldn't upload the whole folder.

Incidentally, which FTP client are you using?

Double checked. Version is 1.4.9. Doubled checked the location. Filename downloaded is xenforo_1.4.9_xxxxxxxxxxxx_upgrade.zip.

I rz'd them to the server in an ssh shell, unzipped them. Then:

chown -R apache.apache *
to set the ownership
then
cd upload
yes | cp -rp * /www/z28.com/htdocs

And I get the normal output showing the files are indeed being copied to the right place:
(this is a snippet, not all the files as it would be a huge copy/paste here)
cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xengallery/media_lightbox.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xengallery/index.html'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xengallery/category_list.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xengallery/ZeroClipboard.swf'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xengallery/options_auto_text_box.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xengallery/media_comments.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xengallery/media_content_tag.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xengallery/album_permissions.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xengallery/gallery_bb_code.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xengallery/media_slider.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xengallery/album_change_privacy.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xengallery/media_view.js'?

I can assure you, this is not user error. I've upgraded XF dozens of times between the several licenses I have, the procedure hasn't changed. :) I don't want to go any further on beyond these two licenses until I know it's not going to cause problems.

Sorry, copied the output from my ssh shell where I did the XF Media Gallery output (as noted, I upgraded that as well and it went without a hitch). Here's from XF itself:

Here's the file copy from the right screen:
-------------------------------
cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/admindav.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/admin.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/css.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/deferred.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/fb_channel.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/htaccess.txt'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/index.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/index.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/install_wrapper.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/index.html'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/install_step3.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/install_step2.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/upgrade_run.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/.htaccess'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/upgrade_complete.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/install_step1.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/install_index.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/error_not_found.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/message.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/error_server_error.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/install_config_generated.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/run_deferred.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/install_complete.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/PAGE_CONTAINER.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/upgrade_current.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/install_config.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/upgrade_errors.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/install_step4.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/install_step1b.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/error.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/upgrade_login.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/templates/upgrade_start.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/language_en.php'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/data/index.html'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/data/templates.xml'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/data/cron.xml'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/data/options.xml'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/data/phrases.xml'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/data/.htaccess'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/data/admin_navigation.xml'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/data/code_events.xml'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/data/route_prefixes.xml'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/data/permissions.xml'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/data/email_templates.xml'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/data/admin_templates.xml'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/data/style_properties.xml'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/data/admin_style_properties.xml'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/data/admin_permissions.xml'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/install/install.css'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/index.html'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/sortable/index.html'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/sortable/jquery.sortable.min.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/sortable/jquery.sortable.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/jquery/index.html'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/jquery/jquery.xenforo.rollup.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/jquery/jquery-1.11.0.min.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xenforo/index.html'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xenforo/follow.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xenforo/xenforo.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xenforo/file_uploader.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xenforo/comments_simple.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xenforo/filter_list.js'? cp: overwrite `/www/z28.com/htdocs/js/xenforo/template_edit.js'? cp: ove .......
------------------------------

Here's the version number in my live directory:
# grep -E "1\.4\." ./*/*/*.php
./library/XenForo/Application.php: public static $version = '1.4.9';

Solved it... but it's something I can't see how it resolved it.... Restarted memcached.

Thanks for your quick responses. :) That's a refreshing change over your know who over at you know where, lol. So anyone out there if you have any bizarre issues with an upgrade, try restarting memcache if you use it.

The weird thing is I have my opcode cache set to check file timestamps as I am regularly working on several sites (not only XF sides). I don't know why it wasn't checking... but it wasn't. So now I have to go harass the PHP guys to see if there's any bug reports on their end, lol.

Edit - now that I think about it, maybe the time stamps in the upgrade package weren't as new as what was already there on my server? I need to check with others here at the company to see if they mucked around with anything recently which touched time stamps.

It could also be the timestamp check period - I have nine set to 5 minutes I think, causes some oddities (although I do use the CLI upgrade script, which doesn't use opcache obviously).

Liam

Top Bottom