Not a bug 1.3 Multi Quote problem

Eagle

There is some problem I found for Multi Quote 1.3

First problem..
mq.webp

Buttons, Remove or Drags not working. So if you want to see, click some message to multi quote and entry to this adress on browser; http://xenforo.com/community/threads/multi-quote you will see that error. And other problem, if browser JavaScript option disabled, then multi quote doesn't work correctly like other problem.

Multi quote isn't supposed to work if JavaScript is disabled.

I have just disabled JavaScript and all controls for Multi-Quote have disappeared - this is the correct behaviour.

I'm not sure I understand the comments about the multi quote URL.

It seems like JavaScript is disabled, but I'm not sure I understand how you got to that page if that is the case.

Can you be specific in the steps to replicate?

Do you use any extensions that may allow you to blacklist or whitelist specific Javascript?

Multi quote isn't supposed to work if JavaScript is disabled.

I have just disabled JavaScript and all controls for Multi-Quote have disappeared - this is the correct behaviour.

I'm not sure I understand the comments about the multi quote URL.

It seems like JavaScript is disabled, but I'm not sure I understand how you got to that page if that is the case.

Can you be specific in the steps to replicate?

Well you can try to select any post (+Quote) without insert quotes button and click: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/multi-quote I can't understand that why doesn't work..

Ok, I see what you're saying.

The cause is the Sortable JS files are not loaded on that page - thus why the click and drag reordering doesn't work, they are instead loaded on the thread_view page. But, the whole point is, the Multiquote system is supposed to load in an overlay only. It isn't supposed to be used by going to another page.

How would you even get to that page?

Clicking the Insert Quotes button loads the page in an overlay.

upload_2014-3-23_10-48-34.webp

Ok, I see what you're saying.

The cause is the Sortable JS files are not loaded on that page - thus why the click and drag reordering doesn't work, they are instead loaded on the thread_view page. But, the whole point is, the Multiquote system is supposed to load in an overlay only. It isn't supposed to be used by going to another page.

How would you even get to that page?

Clicking the Insert Quotes button loads the page in an overlay.

View attachment 70163

Honestly, that is correct and no problem for the same/overlay. However, if browser don't support JavaScript then, how to use multi quote function? E.g. I want to upgrade my custom mobile style for xF 1.3 version but I can't use multi quote feature cause when select any post with +Quote(s), then click to Insert Quotes... Page go to another page /threads/multi-quote and I can't use "Quote These Messages"..

After click to insert quotes link: threads/abc-123/multi-quote?formId=%23QuickReply
After click to Quote These Messages: threads/abc-123/multi-quote
Now doesn't work.. Always click but not working.. There is no action..

However, if browser don't support JavaScript then, how to use multi quote function?
This isn't the only feature that requires Javascript, there are various other Xenforo functions that require it too. Without Javascript, they just won't function correctly/at all.

Last edited:
As stated, JS is required for multi quote. If JS is disabled and the quote button appears for some reason, you can see that it's the same as clicking reply. The page you're loading here manually is non-sensical when used independently.

Top Bottom