1.2: The Editor looks much better now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I must be ridiculous then.
Especially considering the first thing I will do is make it a darker shade of grey and remove the faded effect.

I think it's ridiculous that people who probably do not use the default style really care about whether a style works one way or another when it is likely to be changed now that there are style properties (and easier in general to deal with).

It's like people have to find some reason to complain with every new feature that is added and ignore the fact that they're not stuck using it one way or another.

It's like people have to find some reason to complain with every new feature that is added and ignore the fact that they're not stuck using it one way or another.

Unfortunately when you dare to suggest that, you then get the whole "not everyone knows how to change it" arguments, forgetting that there's an entire forum here full of people more than willing to help with that.

Unfortunately when you dare to suggest that, you then get the whole "not everyone knows how to change it" arguments, forgetting that there's an entire forum here full of people more than willing to help with that.

And those people will be using a style (probably supported) and will likely have a custom styled editor for their style once 1.2 comes out officially.

And it isn't like Shelley or others aren't going to write guides in how to modify it or not, and it isn't like the style properties are difficult to understand.

I'm not saying there haven't been some valid arguments, but the majority have been absolutely ridiculous and serve little point other than to complain for the sake of complaining. Most of the people complaining know how to do basic editing, or use a style that will likely get the editor updated to match so they have no reason to worry.

And those people will be using a style (probably supported) and will likely have a custom styled editor for their style once 1.2 comes out officially.

And it isn't like Shelley or others aren't going to write guides in how to modify it or not, and it isn't like the style properties are difficult to understand.

I'm not saying there haven't been some valid arguments, but the majority have been absolutely ridiculous and serve little point other than to complain for the sake of complaining. Most of the people complaining know how to do basic editing, or use a style that will likely get the editor updated to match so they have no reason to worry.

I was agreeing with you :)

Bottom line is the Editor can be styled and the other camp (who prefer the other editor style have accepted the change). Fact 1 the camp that got their wish have only used this thread to gloat and bait (Calling out Sheldon and Brogan) specifically. This isn't a debate, it's a "we got what we want and were shoving it in your face that we were right". No you were not right, you merely got what you wanted because your preference for blue was implemented because you shouted loudest, that is all. I'll repeat what I've said since the change, I'll style it to my preference when I get my hands on 1.2 and leave it with, Excellent work so far on 1.2 @Mike your doing a bang up job.

Honestly, this thread needs hammered in the nuts and put to bed.

Oh I just discovered this - and it's SOOOOOO pretty and fits the XF design beeeyootifully
- been writing a huge sex scene in my current book so a bit preoccupied last couple of days!

That's lovely now everyone is happy.
# Lots of the cleverer people who are quick and comfy on styling will make lots of striking or sensitive variations on their own boards - so THEY are happy.
# The next level down, less clever but willing to have a go can get help here from all the fantastic helpers so THEY are going to be happy.
# The other level the pragmatic basics not wanting to 'waste time' on design, just working at running the community functions, will get a sleek XF consistent design so XF boards will look good everywhere.
# Finally the design on HERE which we ALL have to use, is now delightfully pleasant - worst you could say if you dont like it is it's too washed out like other parts of XF which is better than grating grey or shrieking in your face for default! PLUS the site here now demonstrates XF in an XF-like and sleek way so it shows KAM off as they deserve

@Kier big thank you for finding time during a major preoccupation period for you.
@Mike thank you for your patience with our moans. Much appreciated.

Actually I can see the icons better now - was struggling making them out before but didnt like to say.
Thanks again.

Oh I just discovered this - and it's SOOOOOO pretty and fits the XF design beeeyootifully
- been writing a huge sex scene in my current book so a bit preoccupied last couple of days!

That's lovely now everyone is happy.
# Lots of the cleverer people who are quick and comfy on styling will make lots of striking or sensitive variations on their own boards - so THEY are happy.
# The next level down, less clever but willing to have a go can get help here from all the fantastic helpers so THEY are going to be happy.
# The other level the pragmatic basics not wanting to 'waste time' on design, just working at running the community functions, will get a sleek XF consistent design so XF boards will look good everywhere.
# Finally the design on HERE which we ALL have to use, is now delightfully pleasant - worst you could say if you dont like it is it's too washed out like other parts of XF which is better than grating grey or shrieking in your face for default! PLUS the site here now demonstrates XF in an XF-like and sleek way so it shows KAM off as they deserve

@Kier big thank you for finding time during a major preoccupation period for you.
@Mike thank you for your patience with our moans. Much appreciated.

If i didn't know better another gloating response. Morgain gets what Morgain wants because Morgain shouted and shouted and therefore @Kier applied and implemented what Morgain Demanded. This is more closer to the truth. Stop speaking for other people. People have accepted it, doesn't mean they are happy with the change just that they know how hard Mike is working (brogan also) and don't want to create a fuss.

You know, it's absolutely ridiculous that I have to close a thread like this.

If you don't like someone's opinion, fine. You can respond to the contents but don't attack them for it. We're going to get tighter on this so expect account limitations if it continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom