1.2: The Editor looks much better now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had personally thought before a look like the current would look much better and to me it does. Although I do not understand why are people talking about those who weren't looking for a change.

Kier and Mike decided to change it, seems they got enough people to convince them as I thought they wouldn't, now be happy and move on please, most of those who know what hey are doing never even had a problem at first. Starts looking like they need to go with the mainstream guys now or hell breaks loose.

Anyways I like it.

The banality of this argument...

I don't get why even argue and call out people who you think are on the opposite side of the fence... especially when you don't know what the thinking behind the change was.

The change was made. Only expect tweaks to it from here on in the default setup.

All I gotta say, I feel it blends too much. Not a huge fan of the fade either. Not gonna complain or say it needs changed cause I'm gonna make @Shelley design me a new one anyways. :sneaky:

I liked the minor details like adding the draft icon only where it is needed but not where it is not needed e.g., when you edit a post. :)

I'd prefer it if the draft dropdown didn't show "delete draft" if there isn't a draft saved.

Still, I like the new editor.

why would anyone care what it looks like if it's possible to alter the appearance to your liking.

Just like in life, some people are only interested in how something looks than how something works or the potential it has to be a great addition to an already unbelievably good line up.

The current editor style obviously fits immensely better with the rest of the XF design. I'm not attacking anyone personally by posting this opinion, but I do think that if you disagree with it, you're either too stubborn to admit you were wrong or you lack the ability to recognize a better design choice. You cannot possibly claim it's personal preference in this particular case, that's just being ridiculous.

Anyway, good job @Kier and let's just say it's somewhat worrying for the competition that the most intense feedback threads here are about the colors of the editor. :p

Last edited:
The updated color scheme looks great. It's much better than what the first version was. I love how subtle it looks when it's out of focus and then the icons change to dark once you click in it. AWESOMESAUCE!

I love you @Kier! Great work. Thanks.

I'm not attacking anyone personally by posting this opinion, but I do think that if you disagree with it, you're either too stubborn to admit you were wrong or you lack the ability to recognize a better design choice. You cannot possibly claim it's personal preference in this particular case, that's just being ridiculous.

I guess I must be ridiculous then.
Especially considering the first thing I will do is make it a darker shade of grey and remove the faded effect.

The current editor style obviously fits immensely better with the rest of the XF design. I'm not attacking anyone personally by posting this opinion, but I do think that if you disagree with it, you're either too stubborn to admit you were wrong or you lack the ability to recognize a better design choice. You cannot possibly claim it's personal preference in this particular case, that's just being ridiculous.

I must be ridiculous then, since I think the colour now is a little too washed out and far too faded. But I know I can change it to suit whatever I want it to look like for whatever style I design, so don't feel the need to make a big deal out of my personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom