Lack of interest [1.2] Editor font colour Palette

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Shelley

The colours for the font colours are just too bright and hurts eyes. So the suggestion is for to make it easy for admins to select from a colour palette range that they want to set as default. This is an implementation (as it currently is) where you'll never make everyone happy so to apply options you effectively eliminate that.

As I much prefer using subtle colours but the only way to do this atm is through file editing and tweaking the width of the font colour dropdown.

Thankyou.

fontcolour.webp

I'm emphasising "choice" "options" here so we've got a choice to make default what colour palette we want to set as default.

Edit:
Think "swatches" like you see in graphic editors such as Photoshop where you can pick and choose and even create palettes.

swatches.webp

Last edited:
Upvote 6
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Did this change recently? Previously people complained about the pastel shades.

Completely agree that having it as an option would be a perfect solution.

Did this change recently? Previously people complained about the pastel shades.

Completely agree that having it as an option would be a perfect solution.

Yeah, changed in the last update I believe. @Brogan might want to confirm or dismiss that but i'm sure the palette font colour changed in the last update.

Thanks Brogan.

If @Mike could even make an option to choose from his subtle palette even this would be a perfect optional palette to choose from.

I actually like the way TinyMCE does it, with a picker, palette and named colours.

Yeah that would be another nice option I have to admit but that would still leave the default colours set to the bold colours which I feel is an issue.

I like the new brighter colours, but also like the idea of giving people the opportunity to easily change them if they wish.

A good example might be a colour palette based specifically on the colours of your site skin, for example, for CycleChat I might wish to use shades of blue and orange (might be quite useful on dark themes too, to avoid overly bright colours clashing with the layout). (y)

In case anyone was wondering, the colours now are the same as they were in TinyMCE, e.g. FF0000 for red, 00FF00 for green, etc.

I did actually like the original Redactor palette though

I'm quite a fan of this, since I too preferred the original. ;) @Azhria Lilu and @Shelley found the edits to return it to the originals, so I'll most likely do that on my own forums.

File edits aren't my thing. It's an extreme alteration to make.

In case anyone was wondering, the colours now are the same as they were in TinyMCE, e.g. FF0000 for red, 00FF00 for green, etc.

I did actually like the original Redactor palette though

Is this a No Thanks to this suggestion? if so might as well tag it as such and move the thread since any additional discussion on the matter would be fruitless if the decision is to retain the bold colours.

Is this a No Thanks to this suggestion? if so might as well tag it as such and move the thread since any additional discussion on the matter would be fruitless if the decision is to retain the bold colours.
I don't think Paul's post implied this as being "No Thanks". It's a valid suggestion, and has garnered some support. I think Paul was just pointing out that the colors are consistent with 1.1.

I don't think Paul's post implied this as being "No Thanks". It's a valid suggestion, and has garnered some support. I think Paul was just pointing out that the colors are consistent with 1.1.

Ah right, i think i mis-read then. It just seemed final in that a final decision to use the previous tinymce colours was the path that was taken. My mistake. Good, I hope that is the case then, there's still hope.

Ah right, i think i mis-read then. It just seemed final in that a final decision to use the previous tinymce colours was the path that was taken. My mistake. Good I hope that is the case then there's still hope.
I believe the decision to use TinyMCE's colors has been made. But I read your suggestion as a method to make these configurable and not hard coded in a file, which is a different route than currently done.

Top Bottom