As designed User group banner CSS not working correctly as tied to default colour palette?

RobParker

I created a new usergroup "Owner" in order to give myself a custom banner. I added myself to the usergroup but the CSS isn't applying itself correctly.

Screen Shot 2013-07-04 at 15.31.09.webp
You see the banner on my postbit is grey but should be blue.
Screen Shot 2013-07-04 at 15.31.14.webp

I changed the CSS to the green style:

Screen Shot 2013-07-04 at 15.31.23.webp
and it changes correctly on the banner:
Screen Shot 2013-07-04 at 15.31.34.webp

If I change it back to the blue one, it doesn't show correctly and goes back to being grey.

This is all with a custom theme with it's own colour palette. If I change to the default theme then everything is fine.

I assume that this means that bannerPrimary is tied to the default colour palette that's used for the default style rather than being the actual colour displayed in the ACP?

Yes, that first CSS styling is tied to the color palette, I'm not sure if it was intended or not but it did bother me a bit a while ago too.

bannerPrimary and bannerSecondary--like their prefix equivalents--use the primary or secondary color of the current style in use by the user, rather than the defaults (the default is just what's used in the admin CP).

bannerPrimary and bannerSecondary--like their prefix equivalents--use the primary or secondary color of the current style in use by the user, rather than the defaults (the default is just what's used in the admin CP).

Yeah I get it, just think it can easily lead to confusion if that's not explicitly stated. It'd almost be better not to show the preview in the ACP for those 2 as it's confusing.

Top Bottom