Fixed [1.2] Drag&Drop images

TsuChi

is not working properly
I can't find a reason, but for me it just does not work in all browsers (Chrome, FF, IE10) - it gives the same effect everywhere

What I do:
1.I drag and drop image of my profile to the replay editor
2. It loads into the editor.
3.I delete it from the editor
4.I try to do the same once again and this time nothing happens (dropping image does not work)

Reloading the page/logo out/ closing the tab with XF does not help.
After some random period of time I can drag and drop images again, but once the problem occurs again I am unable to do it for some random period of time.

I was unable to find any pattern in it.

here is a screen when I am unable to drop image into the post (always)

Attachments

• dnd1.webp
    dnd1.webp
    11.3 KB · Views: 17
The drag and drop is for files from your PC.
Is that what you are doing?
For our PC? In the editor thread i was testing dragging your avatar into the editor, it uploaded it and from sudden that upload bar gone away. EDIT: It wasn't by dragging, i copy/pasted, oups.

Also the images are very buggy, i pasted an image in the editor, trying to center it, it centers the whole post, I don't understand why we can't select images, neither it is possible to add a link to them (only editing in the BBCODE).

This may be because our drag/drop implementation is triggering when dragging stuff other than local files. That's the only thing it should apply to. I've adjusted it to do that.

Will be rolled out here soon.

@Mike

Seems like it is broken. When I try to drag and drop it gives me this instead: file://localhost/Users/andrej/Desktop/Снимок%20экрана%202013-06-03%20в%2018.28.50.png (for example)

@TsuChi, it should only be working on local files (not being dragged from a thread:
This may be because our drag/drop implementation is triggering when dragging stuff other than local files. That's the only thing it should apply to. I've adjusted it to do that.

Or that's how that above post makes it sound.

@King Kovifor yes, I understand
but for me drag and drop means that I can simply put an image from any source to the post with a mouse
If it works only from the PC (hard drive) it will lose its appeal to me.
Dropping an image from pc means to me (almost 99% of the time): I have to save an image from a page I visited on my pc, then find it on my pc and drag it to the post.
If it worked my way, I would just drag the image from any web page directly into the post.

@Brogan I wish it worked that way but I understand that you (designers) have its reasons to code it this way.

After all it is better to have any drag and drop than no drag and drop at all :)

521.jpg
I just dragged Brogan's avatar in.

It doesn't upload the file though - it's just a link to the image.

I just dragged Brogan's avatar in

^-- and that's the text.

Here is another tiny bug with drag and drop (from PC ;) )

1.drag an image from PC into the post (but do not release mouse button)

2.drag an image outside the editor (do not release the button)

3.drag an image into the post and release the mouse

the image won't be uploaded

false alarm

Last edited:
Top Bottom