Thought I'd have a go at a proper add-on for XF, so this is my first attempt.
From this thread:
This will install a cron to truncate the xf_ip table on the first day of the month. You can change the cron date/time once installed.
The current 1.4 version no longer truncates the table, but allows you to specify the number of days worth of entries you want to retain in the xf_ip table. Default value is 180 days worth of data.
Nice and simple, and does what is says on the tin.
Point to note:
- Download the zip file.
- Extract its contents to your hard drive.
- Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
- Complete install via the Admin CP using the provided XML file.
Once this is installed and running, if you remove entries this table, you will end up with certain IP features returning 0.0.0.0
xf_ip Log Cron 1.5
Prune xf_ip table via cron
- Adds new option to keep Registration entries in the log Apr 2, 2013
- Reworked to allow option to keep number of days worth of entries Apr 2, 2013
- xf_ip Table Details Added Apr 2, 2013