Thread Titles Manager

Thread Titles Manager 1.0.1 Patch Level 2

No permission to download
Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.2
Visible branding
No

ttm.png

Thread Titles Manager is a tool designed to help an admin to discover and fix organic traffic leaks.

1. Duplicated Thread Titles​

Chances are high that those threads are not in SERP and bring no organic traffic. Such threads can be merged (with leaving a redirect) if a title is strong, or their titles could be edited accordingly to their content.

1.png

If I have 5 threads with a weak, non descriptive title "Salmon River" I'd better modify their titles to something stronger like "Salmon river bass fishing", "Salmon river trout fishing", "Salmon river bank fishing", "Salmon river water levels" etc.

If then I still have say two "Salmon river bass fishing" threads, I should probably merge them, delete posts like "Yeah!" and "+1", and chances are this thread will start deliver me some organic traffic.

2. Too long thread titles​

By default page titles are formatted like "Thread title | Board title". If a page title is too long (more than 70 characters), the addon applies a template modification turning "Thread title | Board title" into "Thread title". In addition it shows in ACP a list of thread titles that are longer than 70 characters even after dropping the " | Board title" part (for manual title editing).

longs.png

Why do I care if my thread title is longer than 70 characters? Here is a good example. I have a thread "Barbless hooks .... Willamette and Columbia Rivers". If I google for "barbless hooks columbia river" I will not hit the first 3 links, but the fourth or fifth one, for their titles have keywords I'm searching for. The first link looses traffic for the title is too long, got cut by google, and lost a keyword I'm searching for.

b.jpg

3. Too short thread titles​

A list of threads (for manual title editing) with title length less than 20 characters.

shorts.png

Options​

Default values for "Too Long" limit (70) and "Too Short" limit (20) can be changed in ACP -> Setup -> Options -> Thread Titles options.

4.jpg

Author
mazzly
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from mazzly

Latest updates

1. Fix DivisionByZeroError

Simple fix for the DivisionByZeroError problem reported
  2. Bugfix for duplicate title details on thread deletion/merging

Duplicate thread title lookup now again uses title instead of thread id. Also if only 1 thread...
  3. Remove from Beta and add delete + redirect option

Possibility to put a redirect URL when deleting a thread.. Useful when you don't want to merge...

Latest reviews

I am extremely satisfied with the "Thread Titles Manager" Xenforo plugin. This plugin has been a game-changer for forum administrators like myself, as it efficiently identifies duplicate threads on the forum. It has significantly reduced the headache of managing duplicates, saving me a tremendous amount of time. If the developer could incorporate an option to automatically find and remove duplicate threads, it would be an invaluable addition. Overall, this plugin is truly awesome, and I highly recommend it to all Xenforo users.
mazzly
mazzly
Thanks for the nice words :) Feel free to check out our other useful add-ons ;)
This is a very well made, professional quality plugin. I'm updating the titles on 3,000 threads using this. It even shows thread statistics so you aren't wasting your time updating garbage threads.
Amazing add-on, I never realized how many duplicate threads we had, and the layout and options are well organized. This should be built in by default to Xenforo.
This is such a useful addon for finding what are important SEO issues and fixing them. It will obviously be worth taking the time to working through manually but well worth it and interface is great for seeing what's wrong easily.
Top Bottom