- Compatible XF 1.x versions
- 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
Disallows robots from indexing your site unless explicitly allowed.
(Robots link in Visitors tab)
(Example of Robots page)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User Group Permissions)
- All phrases start with robots_ for your convenience.
- Download robots_v2.2.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-Robots_v2.2.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
Set the Administrative user group permissions to Allow. This allows Admin to see the Robots link under the Visitor tab.
Questions and Answers:
Q: What is the purpose of this add-on?
A: Lots of robots crawling your forum will slow it down.
Q: I noticed a robot crawling my site but it's identified as a guest.
A: You need to add the name to the Blacklist field in the Options page.
Q: What happens when a robot is blocked?
A: It receives a blank page.
Q: Why not use the robots.txt file to restrict robots?
A: Because robots ignore this file.
This add-on will create a table called xf_robots in your database.
Sending a donation:
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.