This BBCode lets you insert the reader's username, email, ip address, user ID #, or avatar into your post using the You Code tag. It's basically a prank used to freak readers out. Before anyone gets worried about this exposing people's personal details, only the reader see's their info. Even if you quote a post, the tags are quoted & not their info. The resulting post still shows the readers info & not the posters. Basically, everyone thinks the post is about them.
INSTALL / UPGRADE
this addon requires the Custom BBCode Manager Addon
- Upload the contents of "upload" to your Xen dir. maintain folder structure & if upgrading, overwrite files.
- install / upgrade addon in your Xen Addon Manager
- go to options / Mutt's You Code & set the ID# of your default user. When a guest views the site, the You Code tags will insert this persons information. You can setup a dummy account w/ fake values & use that ID#.
- install the You Code BBCode in your Xen BBCode Manager. If upgrading, delete the exsiting You Code BBCode first.
----------------Code:TEXT [you]name[/you] - viewers screen name [you]id[/you] - viewers user ID # [you]email[/you] - viewers email address [you]he-she[/you] - he / she based on viewers sex (defaults to he) [you]him-her[/you] - him / her based on viewers sex (defaults to him) [you]his-her[/you] - his / her based on viewers sex (defaults to his) [you]ip[/you] - viewers IP address AVATAR [you=av][/you] - viewers medium sized avatar AVATAR OPTION: you can optionally set the avatar size by entering s, m, or l between the tags. example below [you=av]l[/you] - viewers large avatar LINKS: these you codes make hyperlinks [you=email][/you] - mailto link of viewers email address [you=pc][/you] - private conversation viewer link [you=profile][/you] - viewer profile page link [you=posts][/you] - search for viewers posts link [you=threads][/you] - search for viewers threads link LINKS OPTION: w/ all of these links you can optionally set the link text by adding it between the tags. BBCode & YouCode can be used. example below [you=pc]Send [you]name[/you] a Private Conversation[/you]
You can NOT use BBCodes in [ URL ] tag to make links like
because you can't use bbcodes inside the URL tag. To fix this I've included a BBCode called BBUrl that does allow BBCodes. To prevent Xen from breaking the URLs you need to install the Stop Auto Linking Patch AddonCode:[url]https://www.google.com/search?q=[you]email[/you][/url]
you'll then be able to make you code links like this.
- install the Stop Auto Linking Patch in your Addon Manager
- install the bburl bbcode in the BBCode Manager
- in the Stop Auto Linking Patch options enter "bburl" in the "Custom BBCodes" field.
you can not customize the BBUrl text yet.Code:[bburl]https://www.google.com/search?q=[you]email[/you][/bburl]
If necessary you can use this tag for an url formatted version of the viewers screen name
NOTE: There is another [you] code addon in the resource center which works everywhere on your site including in templates but it only does username insertion & quoting a post quotes your actual username instead of the tag. Maybe it will work better for you.Code:[you]url[/you] - viewers screen name formatted for URLs [bburl]http://xenforo.com/community/index.php?members/[you]url[/you].[you]id[/you][/bburl]
Unmaintained Mutt's You Code 1.6
inserts the viewers information into the post