• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
How To Implement SSL To Secure HTTP Traffic (HTTPS)

How To Implement SSL To Secure HTTP Traffic (HTTPS)

Compatible XF 1.x versions
1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
This guide should hopefully explain all of the steps required to switch an XF installation from using HTTP to HTTPS.
So for example, instead of the site URL being http://xenforo.com/community/ it will be https://xenforo.com/community/.

What is HTTPS?...
You do not have permission to view the full content of this resource. Log in or register now.
Author
Brogan
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 13 ratings

More resources from Brogan

Latest reviews

Lifesaving and perfect, especially when I re-read it and fixed my mistakes. Thanks so much, this was amazing.
Thankful to have step-by-step instructions so that I know I'm not forgetting anything. Helped me a lot, thank you.
This article gave me exactly the items I needed to resolve mixed content errors in the browser. I already had the Apache items done and needed the xenforo specific items
Very helpful. My website now forces HTTPS after we got hacked a while ago. This way, all information are secure!
... awesome. Well written, functional and cool as **** ! If I can do it, anybody can. Great feature to add to a site.
I configured Apache a bit differently than I usually do, but got the forum running securely regardless. This is a good checklist to make certain all aspects of a secure changeover are sorted before going live.
This guide made it ridiculously fast and easy to setup SSL on my site. Thank you very much for putting it together.
This was helpful. I didn't know about Let's Encrypt which was available to me. Brogan's instructions were easy to follow.
Thank you, very useful and well explained! It worked like a charm and I were able to set everything very quickly.
Very useful, actual and well explained. Regarding last google rules in terms of safety and chrome as well