GoodForNothing Link Proxy

Unmaintained GoodForNothing Link Proxy 1.0.5

No permission to download
Thank you @Gatses for reporting the issue. This version now checks the hostname for the 'to' parameter and also escapes the url in the message for extra security. :)
I was using preg_split to 'split' the whitelisted domains and protocols which wasn't working for some. So now using 'explode' which will hopefully fix the issue :) .
  • Like
Reactions: andret and Gatses
I have moved the options to change the title and messages to XenForo's Phrase System to enable language support. The options are still there but are deprecated and you have to update the phrases if you have changed the value for these fields. Visit the option page to note the phrases that needs to be changed.

And also, I've created a GitHub repo: https://github.com/gfnlabs/link-proxy so if you have an account and want to post a suggestion/issue please use the GitHub issue tracker to make my life a lil' bit easier :)
Looks like the last update didn't work lol. There was another anonymous function in the ControllerPublic/Redirect.php which I removed in this version.

And as for a error with DOMDocument, added a validation to check empty body and also added a try...catch block just to be safe.
Fixed a couple of issue related to eAccelerator and DOM.
NOTE: If you are using the older version, note down all the changes you made and remove the that one before installing the new one. Upgrading will not work as the Add-on ID has been changed.

This will be the last time the Add-on ID for this mod is going to change, I promise :D

I've re-written the whole code base to remove any kind of bloat. Also changed how the external links were fetched for processing. This add-on now uses 'to' variable to send the proxied link (which is base64 encoded first) to prevent any kind of double encoding and such.

I've also added a responsive layout.

Sorry for the delay guys :)
To fix the issue, just upload everything from the 'upload' folder and over-write everything. Re-importing the XML file is not required but recommended :)
  • Like
Reactions: Adam Howard
The whitelisting wasn't working on a linux-based servers.

To fix the issue, upload everything and re-import the XML file from AdminCP. And remember to re-configure the 'Whitelisted domains' option.
Internal links were also being redirected if Full Friendly URLs is enabled.

To fix the issue, just upload everything from the 'upload' folder, no need to re-import the XML file.
NOTE: If you are using the older version, note down all the changes you made and remove the that one before installing the new one. Upgrading will not work as the Add-on ID has been changed.
The new version includes all know bug fixes and added better configuration. This add-on will modify ALL the out-going links except for the ones that are whitelisted.​
Top