- Compatible XF Versions:
- 1.5NOTE: It seems like Gametracker is now finally supporting SSL. Try to change your Gametracker links to https. If everything works fine, you won't need this resource!
If you display Gametracker banners on your ssl secured site, you may get a warning for mixed content as Gametracker does not deliver their banner images via https. With this proxy script you are able to fix this issue.
Note: This is currently not working with the iframe banner! Furthermore, you will only need this resource when you set up a separate page for your banners. If you display banners only in posts, you can enable XenForo's image proxy.
ATTENTION: If you are "upgrading" from version 1.0, you can delete the folder "gtproxy" as it is no longer needed.
What does this script do?
- The script checks, if the banner url starts with http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/ to prevent the proxy script being used for any other purposes.
- The script outputs the banner via https://yourdomain.com/gt_proxy.php?dst=*Gametracker image URL*
Download and unzip the resource and upload the file 'gt_proxy.php' to your forum root directory.
Read these steps carefully.
- Copy the banner code from Gametracker and paste it in your desired location (e.g. separate page or sidebar block).
- Append gt_proxy.php?dst= to the image URL. Example:3. Save and enjoy!I'm sure you don't need a screenshot for this workaround as the result should be clear, but you can still look at my server overview: https://tactical-riot-gaming.de/server/