- Compatible XF Versions:
Send a daily email with the last 24 hours new topics.
Members or guests can subscribe or unsubscribe to the Email Subscription by clicking the link in the footer, this is an opt-in add-on.
(Example of email that is received every day)
(Example of Email Subscription page for members)
(Example of Email Subscription page for guests)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of Email Subscription link in footer)
(Example of Group Permissions)
- Send an email every day with the last 24 hours new topics.
- Ability to exclude any forum.
- Adds link to footer.
- Members can easily subscribe or unsubscribe.
- Guests can easily subscribe or unsubscribe.
- Admin page shows number of subscriptions.
- All phrases start with emailsubscription_ for your convenience.
- Download emailsubscription_v2.7.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location will be library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-EmailSubscription_v2.7.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
- The Options page has a field called Exclude Forums, this field must be updated if you want to exclude any private or restricted forums.
In order to see the Admin link in the overlay for members, set the Administrative group to Allow.
Question and Answers:
Q: Why don't you include an option to send the email once a week?Table:
A: Please use the Weekly Digest add-on for that.
Q: Why is the Email Subscription link not showing in the footer.
A: This add-on is designed to work with the default style and many popular styles. Some custom styles may not work and will require a template edit.
Q: Where is the Admin link?
A: Click the Email Subscription link in the footer, the overlay shows an Admin link.
Q: Are emails sent if there are no new threads?
Sending a donation:
- A database table called xf_email_subscription is created.
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.