1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change Date 1.7

Allows changing the date and time of a post.

1. AndyB
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Description:

The purpose of this add-on is the allow the admin to move a post within a thread. For example if you want to move post #3 to be after post #5.

(Example of Change Date link)

pic001.jpg

(Example of Change Date overlay)

pic002.jpg

(Example of Options page)

pic003.jpg

(Example of User Group Permissions)

pic004.jpg

Features:
    • All phrases start with changedate_ for your convenience.
    How to use:
    1. Click the Change Date link located below any post.
    2. Enter the date and time you would like the post to be.
    3. Click the Submit button.
    Installation:
    1. Download changedate_v1.7.zip and unzip it.
    2. Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location will be library/Andy.
    3. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
    4. Upload the addon-ChangeDate_v1.7.xml file.
    5. Click the Install Add-on button.
    Group Permissions:

In order to see the Change Date link below the post, you will need to set the Group Permissions for the Administrative group to Allow.

Sending a donation:

If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.

https://www.paypal.me/andybajka

Thank you.
    Sergio Bambaren, v2hao, DFI and 19 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. See description
  2. See description
  3. See description

Recent Reviews

1. Sam F
    Sam F
    5/5,
    Version: 1.7
    Great Add-on, A must have, it’s a great little tool which comes in handy when you want to add a post and want it to be placed above or below a post that already exists. How convenient is that! What can I say, Andy you sure do make my life a lot easier, your attention to detail is impressive. Keep up the great work! Without some of your add-on’s our forum would not be as active as it has become. Nor would it be such a cool forum to belong. Thanks for the countless hrs of hard work you have put into all your add-on’s.
  2. SelfSufficientMe
    SelfSufficientMe
    5/5,
    I just needed this feature for the first time today to change the date/time of a post I moved so it made sense of order in the thread it was moved to and thank God Andy had an addon to let me do it! Thanks mate!
  3. adwade
    adwade
    5/5,
    There are times when two users are drafting a post and end up being submitted almost simultaneously. However, in the aftermath sometimes the thread reads better if you can re-arrange the order of several posts. This add-on makes that so simple to do and offhand, I don't know how else to even accomplish such. Very handy!
  4. davs
    davs
    5/5,
    very easy install. works as stated. smart to have for rearranging posts and creating new threads with existing posts. donate to AndyB!
  5. AtoZ
    AtoZ
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6
    Excellent. I needed a way to add helpful information to old threads that get hit by a lot of Google traffic. I was able to post, then use this to backdate it so it doesn't show up in the new posts.
  6. DFI
    DFI
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5
    Its a much needed addon for Moderators. Installed it and works brilliantly. Thanks for another amazing addon.
  7. _NANO_
    _NANO_
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5
    Great addon! Is not compatible with "Upgrade and install by Waindigo". After installing using that mod the forum goes down with database error, but with a clean install was everything ok. Thanks!
  8. mypbaph
    mypbaph
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4
    Been looking for this for so long, finally found and installed it and works the way I wanted to. Thanks for coming up with this, really very helpful!
  9. Adhen
    Adhen
    5/5,
    Great plugin! It works fine. It would be nice if there is a date picker for a simplier date type in, but that is big-time whinging. Good job and 5 stars!
  10. CallieJo
    CallieJo
    5/5,
    This was so simple to install. Once installed, you can easily edit any post of your choice with any date. Thanks for all the smart and easy add-ons you've created.