[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

Unmaintained [8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
This is an unsupported and FREE addon. There is a paid version, which is fully supported, available here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenporta-2-portal-pro.3894/

A branding removal license and instructions on how to remove the brands quick and easily can be purchased HERE for $50. Each branding removal license is good for ONE forum only! If you appreciate the work here, please DONATE.

I think the only "must have" XenForo is really missing right now is a Splash Portal. Pretty much every website out there has one, whether its just a feed or recent news announcements, or a full blown CMS. This mod intends to fill this obvious gap with a recent news announcements feed and a fully modular sidebar system.

Features:
  • News portal linking to admin defined forums
  • THREAD PROMOTION to add to the news portal
  • Categories for news articles and promoted threads
  • Index routing to take over the /index location
  • Fully modular system with import/export
  • Module caching based on individual timestamps
  • 8 pre-installed module blocks, with dozens of additional blocks available to install from the package.
Demo:
Installation:
  • upload the contents of the attached zip to your XF root
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml"
  • set options for the portal in administration control panel
  • set usergroup permissions for administration rights
Upgrading from < 1.5.0:
  • If upgrading from before 1.5.0, uninstall XenPorta first!
  • Delete all relevant /library and /js files!
  • Make sure XenPorta tables have been dropped from DB
  • Follow regular installation procedure from here
Usage Notes:
  • You will need to add these template edits manually if you plan on Globalizing Thread and Forum Layouts respectively... as these hooks do not yet exist in XenForo and I'm having trouble convincing Kier to add them.

At the absolute bottom of "thread_view"
    Code:
    <xen:hook name="thread_view_share_after" params="{xen:array 'thread={$thread}'}" />
    At the absolute bottom of "forum_view"
    Code:
    <xen:hook name="forum_view_pagenav_after" params="{xen:array 'forum={$forum}'}" />
Donations:
Author
Jaxel
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

4.64 star(s) 86 ratings

More resources from Jaxel

Latest updates

1. XenPorta 2.0 Portal & Widget Framework Crowd-Fund!

The original version of XenPorta 1.0 was released a short four days after the open beta of the...
  2. Version 1.6.0 CHANGELOG

Comments in article views are now responsive. RecentNews: fixed the pager for when routes get...
  3. Version 1.5.9 CHANGELOG

This update is mainly to bring XenForo 1.2 compatibility to XenPorta. KNOWN BUG: There is a bug...

Latest reviews

This is a great add-on. When you go to the home page, you get all the latest news and featured threads. This is very useful because you can add twitter feeds and a lot more.
nice addon i like it but i can't drag and i can't edit Layout so plis can some one help me plis .....
This addon is more than a portal. It has been very useful to display article content in an article fashion. That is my favorite feature! I look forward to seeing what Jaxel has planned for his next release. I know you can do it! ;-)
The only replacement for vB Advanced as far as I am concerned. Also the only current 3 column solution which some customers demand. The flexibility with block development is great. The plugin does lack support. But its free and still works.
Icant uninstall ewrportal does not
Bad
Great add-on for any forum. Perfect - fills the major gap that every XenForo forum comes across.
Very nice
Good, but steep learning curve and getting everything just the way you want is hard, especially as there doesn't seem to be much support and even the FAQ is outdated.
thank you
Great UI and the best way to change the XF to multi-purpose site.
Top Bottom