• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LN] Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI, vbBlogs do have the ability to use attachments.

Thank you for taking the time to create this and giving permissions to usergroups. I don't have a lot of perks to give my subscribers, but this was one of them. It's nice and clean.
I look forward to the final product.

*Added & Liked*

Just FYI, vbBlogs do have the ability to use attachments.

Thank you for taking the time to create this and giving permissions to usergroups. I don't have a lot of perks to give my subscribers, but this was one of them. It's nice and clean.
I look forward to the final product.

*Added & Liked*
Ah, good to know, thank you. So really it's only people who use threads as blogs I need to worry about. :p

Speaking of installations, if people have blogs in-use that are viewable by guests, would you mind sharing them? I think I'd like to add a little showcase to the 3rd post of sites that currently use them if there's enough. :)

Ah, good to know, thank you. So really it's only people who use threads as blogs I need to worry about. :p

Speaking of installations, if people have blogs in-use that are viewable by guests, would you mind sharing them? I think I'd like to add a little showcase to the 3rd post of sites that currently use them if there's enough. :)

Not much there but here is mine, http://flytyingbug.com/blogs/

Dont know if this has been mentioned, but what are the chances a wordpress importer being created?
I use wordpress at the moment but being able to switch to an integrated blog on xenforo like this would be ideal

Dont know if this has been mentioned, but what are the chances a wordpress importer being created?
I use wordpress at the moment but being able to switch to an integrated blog on xenforo like this would be ideal
No clue whatsoever.

That is a completely different animal. If it's one user, it's a lot easier but if you're using something like the bridge from XF to WP, then that could get tricky. If there's test data I can use I'll attempt to do so but make not promises that I can get it to work.

I'll look into it. Maybe by Monday if not sooner?

+1
thumbsup.gif

No clue whatsoever.

That is a completely different animal. If it's one user, it's a lot easier but if you're using something like the bridge from XF to WP, then that could get tricky. If there's test data I can use I'll attempt to do so but make not promises that I can get it to work.

I see your point, it is possible to export blog data from wordpress into a XML file, that function is part or wordpress, maybe something can be done with the XML file to try and import into a xenforo blog... im happy to attach a small sample XML file if you want to take a look (im sure its not a priority at the moment though)

I see your point, it is possible to export blog data from wordpress into a XML file, that function is part or wordpress, maybe something can be done with the XML file to try and import into a xenforo blog... im happy to attach a small sample XML file if you want to take a look (im sure its not a priority at the moment though)
Perhaps in the future, but as you said it's not my focus right this moment.

If the XML route doesn't work I have no problems doing an import via SQL query, it's mainly that I'm unfamiliar with WP's database structure and have to figure out what to pull from that table and inject it into my own.

Then there's also URL redirection and such to deal with so... yeah, might take some time to work out. :p

Is there way you can get Latest blog posts addon released before another update ?

There already is a latest blog entry block in the forum right-sidebar.. I would like control over that BTW as I would prefer to locate on the 8wayrun Portal system

blog.webp

Works perfectly :) You should add this on your first post.
I wanted to be sure it worked before I advertised it. :p I'll toss a link on to the FAQ post, as I can't add any more attachments without deleting something first. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom