• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LN] Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not clear enough... I was telling Onimua that [LN]Blog addon is super cool and that he should pace himself and not feel pressured.. referring to all the 'need to have now' requests. peace

Thanks for that, i thought it was something I was missing......
redface.png

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been asked, i havent been up to date with this thread lately.

In upcoming releases will there be an option to attach images? I mean upload and insert like a normal thread, not just from a URL?

Cheers

I installed LN Blog today. The installation process went very smoothly. I set up the permissions and entered my first blog. Wouldn't you know it...oops...I made a spelling error on the article's title. I tried to edit it but can't seem to locate an option to change the title. Am I missing anything? If not I can work around it for now by deleting the blog and creating a new one.

PS. I decided to copy the blog, paste it into a new entry, and delete the old one. When I first tried to delete the original blog, the confirmation box appeared offering only one option to Permanently Delete the blog. I did not select that radio button, but did press the Delete Blog Entry button, thinking perhaps it would proceed with a soft delete. Instead the screen cleared but the entry still remained. I would suggest if a user selects Delete Blog Entry but hasn't selected the Permanently Delete radio button for a pop up to appear advising the user to either select the Cancel button, or choose Permanently Delete. Just some minor feedback based on my experience.

I installed LN Blog today. The installation process went very smoothly. I set up the permissions and entered my first blog. Wouldn't you know it...oops...I made a spelling error on the article's title. I tried to edit it but can't seem to locate an option to change the title. Am I missing anything? If not I can work around it for now by deleting the blog and creating a new one.

PS. I decided to copy the blog, paste it into a new entry, and delete the old one. When I first tried to delete the original blog, the confirmation box appeared offering only one option to Permanently Delete the blog. I did not select that radio button, but did press the Delete Blog Entry button, thinking perhaps it would proceed with a soft delete. Instead the screen cleared but the entry still remained. I would suggest if a user selects Delete Blog Entry but hasn't selected the Permanently Delete radio button for a pop up to appear advising the user to either select the Cancel button, or choose Permanently Delete. Just some minor feedback based on my experience.

you should be able to just click on the blog post, then you will see the edit link near the bottom .. just above the edit box like in a normal thread. If you cant see it then it may be a permission issue, not sure sorry.

xf.webp

At the moment, only Hard delete is available, and because of its nature is filed under "Blog Moderator Permissions." Giving a user that access lets them delete it permanently.

As to the fact that you get redirected to the blog index if you don't select an option and click Delete anyway, that's a bug. It should redirect you back to the blog entry that wasn't deleted. I found this bug after I had already released beta 2, so it will be in the next release.

you should be able to just click on the blog post, then you will see the edit link near the bottom .. just above the edit box like in a normal thread. If you cant see it then it may be a permission issue, not sure sorry.

View attachment 12050

Editing a title isn't in there yet. Definitely one of the things I want to put into beta 3.

In general I'm taking probably about 2 weeks of time to work on beta 3 so there definitely won't be a release this week. There's several things I'm doing with it that involve reworking chunks of the code, but also will expand the feature set even more than beta 2 did. I'm totally [not] looking forward to it. :cautious:

Thank you for enlightening me on the situation Onimua. I join the many others in the XF community who share their appreciation for your efforts. Take your time. You've offering us a wonderful tool and we can wait while you work to make this add-on even better.

Whoa. Cool addon.

[LN]Blog
- seems to be a Multi-User Blog (ie. Wordpress MU).
- most sites want Wordpress, not Wordpress MU.
- many sites don't want multiple blogs, they want one blog with categories.
Q: is it possible to design [LN]Blog to be both ?

I think it is a valid criticism to say that a well used Multi-User Blog is somewhat like another forum.
Whereas, a non-multiuser Blog is very different than forums.

Whoa. Cool addon.

[LN]Blog
- seems to be a Multi-User Blog (ie. Wordpress MU).
- most sites want Wordpress, not Wordpress MU.
- many sites don't want multiple blogs, they want one blog with categories.
Q: is it possible to design [LN]Blog to be both ?

I think it is a valid criticism to say that a well used Multi-User Blog is somewhat like another forum.
Whereas, a non-multiuser Blog is very different than forums.
If you mean deciding the choice between letting all your users access the blogs to create their own entry versus letting only one (or a select few) do it, this could already be achieved using the existing permission selections, just need to change your user group permissions around to how you'd like to set it up. Categories is something I'm going to try to fit into the 1.0 release, and should be able to easily once I get to that point, so I believe it would be helpful with both cases.

If I am confused on what you're saying (I likely am), please do explain it in full. One thing I will say though is that the phrase "many sites want x" is that it's a very tricky one to deal with, as "many sites" want this, while "many sites" want that. That said, I'd much rather hear about what what you are looking for this add-on to do or not do.

I dislike dealing with generalizations. ;)

Request: I would like to be able to have multiple blogs, and the ability to name each one.

Second request: I want to host webcomics in the blog section, where each blog can be a different webcomic. We could use a comic category and a blog category to differentiate between the two. A post to comic category could include an image AND amplifying text. A post to blog category to be appended above running posts just as it accomplished presently. A calendar widget in sidebar to be used as visual display for post dates. Blog post would be static as you scroll FWD and BACK through comics.

Runners is my favorite webcomic http://runnersuniverse.com/

There is a serious contingency of webcomic artists out there and this would draw them in to xenforo

LNBlog works well with XenForo 1.0.0 stable, except for a minor visual issue with the member card. As it's not an emergency, I recommend disabling it through the ACP until beta 3 is released.

Otherwise, expect no other problems with this add-on. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom