• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LN] Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reversing it, not yet at this time but it's planned.

In other news, the last free blog update is behind but it should be coming soon. The reason for this is I was working heavily on something that's needed by us (and by its nature, others). Since it's mostly done now, I can peel back the curtain a bit and talk more about what's going on.

XI will be running that add-on soon as well, and you should see a lot of pick-up in action from us from around end of this month on. That is also around the time you should see the last blog update to Beta 3 (which will be known as 1.0.0 Beta3b) and Beta 4 work should be fully on its way to completion. The final features that will be added to 1.0 will be in Beta 4 and a matching announcement will be made around that time, also including details like pricing.

Sorry for the delay, but things had to happen in chronological order. ;)

So beta3 is only going to be bug fixes? Beta4 will have the new features?

Also are they any plans to have any modules availble that will work with xenporta? Like latest x amount of blogs with title, short description, thumbnail etc , these would be great if it could be done

Blog aren't using a dedicated forum? If so, you have to duplicate RecentNews block install the new block and set it to the forum dedicated to blogs.

So beta3 is only going to be bug fixes? Beta4 will have the new features?

Also are they any plans to have any modules availble that will work with xenporta? Like latest x amount of blogs with title, short description, thumbnail etc , these would be great if it could be done
Beta 3 already exists; the next update to it (beta 3b) will be bug fixes to the current version available that's free. Beta 4 on will be paid, so any new features will be added in at that time.

There's been suggestions of making sidebar blocks more detailed in a few ways, so eventually those will be added in.
Blog aren't using a dedicated forum? If so, you have to duplicate RecentNews block install the new block and set it to the forum dedicated to blogs.
No, they are not using a forum.

Thanks O, glad to hear it's still Q1!(y)
A majority of my time was spent on developing the shopping cart so we have a proper way to distribute things (no hackish/manual processing for us, or settling for using paid upgrades in XF which is very limiting for what we need). That was the core reason for delaying the blog. Since it's almost ready for public use, I can shift to developing the blog. :)

A majority of my time was spent on developing the shopping cart so we have a proper way to distribute things (no hackish/manual processing for us, or settling for using paid upgrades in XF which is very limiting for what we need). That was the core reason for delaying the blog. Since it's almost ready for public use, I can shift to developing the blog. :)

Will this shopping cart be something you will consider licensing out to third parties? Sounds really interesting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom