• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LN] Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the blog include a feature where the forum member can insert his own google-adsense pub ID for the ad spaces displayed in his own articles.

The placement of ad spaces will of course be global.

Such feature will increase the uptake of blogs by the members.
That doesn't violate any of Google's TOS for that or something? I'm unfamiliar with their terms but I know they tend to cancel people's accounts at the drop of a hat for random reasons.
Feature Request.

Maybe make it so a user can make their blog private, and select users who can read them instead of everyone of them public..
Something I've already account for and started in Beta 3, and will be fully-featured in Beta 4. :)

That doesn't violate any of Google's TOS for that or something? I'm unfamiliar with their terms but I know they tend to cancel people's accounts at the drop of a hat for random reasons.

Actually it's an interesting idea. There should be no TOS violation here at all.

What Renegade is suggesting is offer one or more blocks (sidebar, top of blog, bottom, etc) where the blog author can enter their Google ID and then their google ad appears rather then the website's ad. Nothing wrong with that at all. The blogger is providing content and the ad.

Overall this would be an incentive for people to use his blog rather then someone elses.

Actually it's an interesting idea. There should be no TOS violation here at all.

What Renegade is suggesting is offer one or more blocks (sidebar, top of blog, bottom, etc) where the blog author can enter their Google ID and then their google ad appears rather then the website's ad. Nothing wrong with that at all. The blogger is providing content and the ad.

Overall this would be an incentive for people to use his blog rather then someone elses.
I understood the suggestion just fine, that wasn't what I was asking about.

I wasn't sure about having multiple adsense codes being displayed on one domain or not. That is what I'm referring to, nothing to do with allowing it to be done on the blog end.

Can the blog include a feature where the forum member can insert his own google-adsense pub ID for the ad spaces displayed in his own articles. The placement of ad spaces will of course be global. Such feature will increase the uptake of blogs by the members.
What about some type of revenue sharing based on page views or some google adsense data (but only one Google Adsense ID) ?
Does Wordpress MU have this ?

I've flagged the "Recent Entries in the Forum Sidebar" and it work correctly but I would like to move that block under the other blocks I've in the sidebar. How can I do that?

Thanks!

I've flagged the "Recent Entries in the Forum Sidebar" and it work correctly but I would like to move that block under the other blocks I've in the sidebar. How can I do that?

Thanks!
That's where things can get a bit tricky... Which block in particular are you talking about? A default XenForo one or one added by another add-on?

I fyou look at my forum http://forum.kog.it you'll see the blog block at the top. I would like to move it down to the bottom after the XF blocks and other addons blocks...
Go into the template of whatever block you want the blog block to appear after. At the very bottom of it (after everything else), place this:

HTML:
<!-- new blog block location -->

Then in library/LNBlog/listener/TemplateHook.php, around line 66, find:
PHP:
$needle = '<!-- end block: sidebar_online_users -->';
Replace it with:
PHP:
$needle = '<!-- new blog block location -->';

That should do it.

I have messed up the uninstall of blog beta2.

Is there a way to removing a mod from xenforo without running an uninstall ?

I can't upgrade it (as I dropped the DB tables manually) and I can't uninstall it due to the following error
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'entry_id' in 'field list'

That should do it.

Tried to put <!-- new blog block location --> into forum_list at the very end and just before the </xen:sidebar> tag, modified the php file as per your instructions but nothing appeared. The blog block is gone and never appeared again.

Tried also to put <!-- new blog block location --> in the ad_sidebar_bottom template at the very end bot nothing happened also here...

Tried to put <!-- new blog block location --> into forum_list at the very end and just before the </xen:sidebar> tag, modified the php file as per your instructions but nothing appeared. The blog block is gone and never appeared again.

Tried also to put <!-- new blog block location --> in the ad_sidebar_bottom template at the very end bot nothing happened also here...

that won't work as its outside of the hook.. you need to put it right before </xen:hook> at the end of forum_list ..

as far as your 2nd one, ad_sidebar_bottom uses a different hook

I have messed up the uninstall of blog beta2.

Is there a way to removing a mod from xenforo without running an uninstall ?

I can't upgrade it (as I dropped the DB tables manually) and I can't uninstall it due to the following error
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'entry_id' in 'field list'
Why did you drop the tables manually? o_O

I suppose you could add the tables back and then run the installer. Check out the install code that adds the tables back in library/LNBlog/Manufacture.php.

I suppose you could add the tables back and then run the installer. Check out the install code that adds the tables back in library/LNBlog/Manufacture.php.

Thanks for that Onimua, I created the two tables using the SQL in that file and I was able to upgrade to beta3

I would like my blogs to utilize AzuCloud. I realize there can never be an expectation to have add-ons work with each other, but it seems like it's a "simple" matter of making one adjustment.

Below are the instructions DI offers on the add-on's page. I am not familiar with php so I am hoping you can enlighten me as to which file I would need to make this adjustment in, and how this 1 line of code needs to be changed so it would work.

How do you add AzuCloud to an addon's page(s)?
Darkimmortal said:
If you take a look in library/modname/ControllerPublic (usually)/whatever.php, the class definition right at the start is the controller name (in the case of XenMedio, EWRmedio_ControllerPublic_Media), then you can take your pick of what actions to include out of the functions available (actionIndex, actionMedia, etc.)

So for example you could add something like this in the Active Controllers setting:

Code:
EWRmedio_ControllerPublic_Media:index,media,mediaComments,categoryView,categories,playlists,mediaView,mediaComments

I would like my blogs to utilize AzuCloud. I realize there can never be an expectation to have add-ons work with each other, but it seems like it's a "simple" matter of making one adjustment.

Below are the instructions DI offers on the add-on's page. I am not familiar with php so I am hoping you can enlighten me as to which file I would need to make this adjustment in, and how this 1 line of code needs to be changed so it would work.
If I follow the correctly, you're just picking out what methods need to be called out of the blog? All the files needed are in LNBlog/ControllerPublic, and if you want the index functions, you'd have to look at the files and then whatever code you'd like. In this case, the public-facing scripts you should looks at are Index.php, Entries.php, and Blog.php–just pick out the specific functions you'd like it to appear (if I'm understanding how it works correctly). It's not much different than those instructions provided.

I also have a general question to people: Is there anyone who has forums with threads being used as blogs at the moment, or perhaps have used Paul M's importer and have threads in a forum created from the import, and would like to export out to this add-on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom