• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LN] Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Onimua

I still don't know about this question:

1. I see that when you go to blogs, it lists all blogs in the order written. A blog entry lists the posters name and I think when you click that it goes to his "member card". Is there a quick way from the root blog page to go to a specific bloggers blogs?

Is there a ..../blogs/member/ page?

Thanks Onimua

I still don't know about this question:

1. I see that when you go to blogs, it lists all blogs in the order written. A blog entry lists the posters name and I think when you click that it goes to his "member card". Is there a quick way from the root blog page to go to a specific bloggers blogs?

Is there a ..../blogs/member/ page?
Oops, overlooked that by accident. Sorry about that!

At this time, no. Beta 4 is going to address that and quite a few other things.

Don't know if this was already fixed, but I've got a problem with entries deletion when user has no other posts on forum.

So, I went to LNBlog_DataWriter_Entry class and replaced line 159
Code:
SET message_count = message_count - 1
with this code
Code:
SET message_count = IF(message_count > 0, message_count - 1, 0)

If someone interested, here is that forum with blogs imported from vBulletin v3.8. And if someone wants to test that importer (I've written it for that forum, so, maybe there can be problems with other vB installations) - you can send me PM.

Don't know if this was already fixed, but I've got a problem with entries deletion when user has no other posts on forum.

So, I went to LNBlog_DataWriter_Entry class and replaced line 159
Code:
SET message_count = message_count - 1
with this code
Code:
SET message_count = IF(message_count > 0, message_count - 1, 0)

If someone interested, here is that forum with blogs imported from vBulletin v3.8. And if someone wants to test that importer (I've written it for that forum, so, maybe there can be problems with other vB installations) - you can send me PM.
What is the actual problem? And how are you importing it?

What is the actual problem? And how are you importing it?
Problem is in that, that DataWriters in import mode don't use preSave, postSave, and verification methods.
So in that case blog entires not counted as user posts. And if user has no posts at all, but has blog entries, which aren't counted, there is an error, when deleting entries (Mysqli statement execute error : Out of range value adjusted for column 'message_count' at row 1).

So, as I can understand, rebuilding indexes after import won't help, because this process doesn't include blogs, and I need to update message count by myself in my importer. But leaving that query in that way (SET message_count = message_count - 1) in this case is not good idea.

Problem is in that, that DataWriters in import mode don't use preSave, postSave, and verification methods.
So in that case blog entires not counted as user posts. And if user has no posts at all, but has blog entries, which aren't counted, there is an error, when deleting entries (Mysqli statement execute error : Out of range value adjusted for column 'message_count' at row 1).

So, as I can understand, rebuilding indexes after import won't help, because this process doesn't include blogs, and I need to update message count by myself in my importer. But leaving that query in that way (SET message_count = message_count - 1) in this case is not good idea.
I've imported just fine and haven't run into such a problem. How are you actually importing?

Can you PC me a script so I can see what it is you're doing that is triggering it? As far as I know, there isn't actually a bug here and it's likely more related to how you're importing.

Just as a endorsement. I had vb4 blogs that were imported to threads with Pauls importer. Onimua wrote an importer to put those threads/posts back into blogs. I used it and it worked perfectly. Thanks Onimua!

I've imported just fine and haven't run into such a problem. How are you actually importing?

Imported from where to where? Don't forget, I've imported blogs from vB3, not from vB4.
Attached you can find two files, containing two methods which I use to import blog entries...

Attachments

Just as a endorsement. I had vb4 blogs that were imported to threads with Pauls importer. Onimua wrote an importer to put those threads/posts back into blogs. I used it and it worked perfectly. Thanks Onimua!

Yes, I know. And that's why there is no problem after importing from vB4 - those posts are already coundted as user messages.

Imported from where to where? Don't forget, I've imported blogs from vB3, not from vB4.
Attached you can find two files, containing two methods which I use to import blog entries...
Are you importing from vB3 -> LNBlog directly, or did you import to XF and then to LNBlog?
Yes, I know. And that's why there is no problem after importing from vB4 - those posts are already coundted as user messages.
The way I've done it, everything is calculated correctly and it doesn't keep the same message counts when transferring over.

The way your importer works is drastically different from how I did it. Right now there isn't a bug because there is no functionality there for such a thing. This is a custom script you've written, and something the blog doesn't support natively yet.

I'm importing directly from vb3 to LNBlog.

So this is partly my bug.

Does XF recounts user messages when rebuilding indexes? If no, there is no problem for me to increment message count after each imported blog entry. If yes - there is a problem.

One minor adjustment I'd like to recommend. LN Blog ads a field to the Member Card called "Entry Count" which shows a 0 for most ppl, and the # of blogs for those who use the system.

May I suggest a different term be used? Something with the word "blog" in it. "Blog count"? "Blog entries"? "Blog posts"? It is not intuitive what this field is for otherwise.

One minor adjustment I'd like to recommend. LN Blog ads a field to the Member Card called "Entry Count" which shows a 0 for most ppl, and the # of blogs for those who use the system.

May I suggest a different term be used? Something with the word "blog" in it. "Blog count"? "Blog entries"? "Blog posts"? It is not intuitive what this field is for otherwise.

edit the phrase lnblog_entry_count and change it to what ever you want.

Thanks bobster. I will do that.

I still offer the suggestion that Onimua may want to consider rewording the phrase for all, but since he has offered a phrase where we can change it ourselves, that's good enough for me.

Reactions: Bob
I'm importing directly from vb3 to LNBlog.

So this is partly my bug.

Does XF recounts user messages when rebuilding indexes? If no, there is no problem for me to increment message count after each imported blog entry. If yes - there is a problem.

I don't actually know, but if the messages haven't been accounted for, then you can just increment it yourself.

That's one of the consistency problems I'm looking to fix in Beta 4.

Can the blog include a feature where the forum member can insert his own google-adsense pub ID for the ad spaces displayed in his own articles.

The placement of ad spaces will of course be global.

Such feature will increase the uptake of blogs by the members.

Feature Request.

Maybe make it so a user can make their blog private, and select users who can read them instead of everyone of them public..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom