• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LN] Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have both my original database in a backup directory working (containing vB 4.12 Blogs), and an imported version of them (as threads) via Paul's vb4 importer.

I'm happy to help!

updated to XF 1.0.1, then updated my LN Blog to beta3, no issues. I set my new permissions, inspected and accepted the other default ACP options, looking great to me.

Thank you Onimua and the beta testers for making the upgrade process so smooth.

Reactions: Bob
This addon is amazing! What I am wondering is, how do I rename the "Blogs" tab to "Blog"? Since I, the site Admin, will be the only one with a blog (basically a site blog), it should really only say "Blog" as to not confuse my users.

This addon is amazing! What I am wondering is, how do I rename the "Blogs" tab to "Blog"? Since I, the site Admin, will be the only one with a blog (basically a site blog), it should really only say "Blog" as to not confuse my users.
It's a phrase. Look for lnblog_blogs I believe.

It's a phrase. Look for lnblog_blogs I believe.
Thank you very much, that worked perfectly! You are really quick! :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: Another quick question (or suggestion), I am using this as a site blog only, not as a blog for users. I noticed that users have a link called "My Blog", even if they have no blogging permissions. Is it possible to make that not appear if said user (or group) does not have permissions to create blog entries?

If this is not currently implemented, may I make it a suggestion?

So far this is the best XF mod to date. Honestly it is not buggy, needed and supported. Wish XF offered MOTM cause this one would win! Looked over the code and seen how well it was coded.

Congrats on winning my MOTM! :)

:) we're using this blog in our new forum, which we are styling atm. I have a problem though with the blog entries background. We chose to have a transparent bg on our front page (body) and we love it like that, however, the blog entries do not have a background either. If I try and change the background (forced) by changing .baseHtml, it will also change the forum list titles bg.

blogentry.webp

I only wish to change the background for the Blogentry to white instead of transparent - but not the forum list and fp, thanks :)

Any ideas?

:) we're using this blog in our new forum, which we are styling atm. I have a problem though with the blog entries background. We chose to have a transparent bg on our front page (body) and we love it like that, however, the blog entries do not have a background either. If I try and change the background (forced) by changing .baseHtml, it will also change the forum list titles bg.

View attachment 13996

I only wish to change the background for the Blogentry to white instead of transparent - but not the forum list and fp, thanks :)

Any ideas?
I have the same problem with the Blackend skin.

Add the following into your EXTRA.css template to add a background colour: With the hexvalue being the colour you want to add in.

Code:
.lnblogEntryMessage {
    background-color: #hexvalue !important;
}

Add the following into your EXTRA.css template to add a background colour: With the hexvalue being the colour you want to add in.

Code:
.lnblogEntryMessage {
    background-color: #hexvalue !important;
}

so easy haha ... brilliant it works :) Thanks

Russian Language
[LN] Blog beta 3 XF 1.0.1
Thank you! :) I'll link it to the FAQ in the second post on the first page shortly.

From now on for future versions, just update this post with the new file so that the link on the first page will always come back here and I don't have to worry about trying to keep links up to date. (y)

Haven't read all 26 pages but on Russian XF forum there have been a lot of questions about alert system integrated into LN Blog. People want to have an alert when their subscriptions create a new blog entry. Please Onimua could you tell if it is possible to include such a feature in some of the next releases of LN Blog?

Haven't read all 26 pages but on Russian XF forum there have been a lot of questions about alert system integrated into LN Blog. People want to have an alert when their subscriptions create a new blog entry. Please Onimua could you tell if it is possible to include such a feature in some of the next releases of LN Blog?
By subscriptions I assume you mean people they follow? There's some code already there that can deal with it, but it isn't used yet.

Nice addon...

I'm reviewing it now and have questions. Is there a demo site?

1. I see that when you go to blogs, it lists all blogs in the order written. A blog entry lists the posters name and I think when you click that it goes to his account. Is there a quick way from the root blog page to go to a specific bloggers blogs?

2. I looked at the images in the first post and I can't tell if permissions are global for everyone or if you can select permissions per member.

3. Is there a way to setup different side widgets on each bloggers blog page? So, for example, I could add a specific bloggers amazon links or ads just for their page?

Nice addon...

I'm reviewing it now and have questions. Is there a demo site?

1. I see that when you go to blogs, it lists all blogs in the order written. A blog entry lists the posters name and I think when you click that it goes to his account. Is there a quick way from the root blog page to go to a specific bloggers blogs?

2. I looked at the images in the first post and I can't tell if permissions are global for everyone or if you can select permissions per member.

3. Is there a way to setup different side widgets on each bloggers blog page? So, for example, I could add a specific bloggers amazon links or ads just for their page?
#1–There's several live installations that are listed as an example on the second post of this thread (the FAQ).

#2–The permissions are per-user group or per user, however you want to set it up.

#3–At this time, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom