• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LN] Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn...I didn't update my xF install yet(takes a while to get customizations in the style back...) I think I will wait till xF 1.1 to update this, nice work though!

LNBlog Beta 3 is now available!

The first three posts of this thread have been updated with the relevant information.

Very well done, Onimua. You have done a great job.
Well, everything is going well, just one thing is missing for now.. I was expecting "Categories" within this update. But hopefully it will be included in the next update.

And Congratulations for a more stable update, Good luck.

Very well done, Onimua. You have done a great job.
Well, everything is going well, just one thing is missing for now.. I was expecting "Categories" within this update. But hopefully it will be included in the next update.

And Congratulations for a more stable update, Good luck.
I had intended categories to be in Beta 3, but I pushed it back to Beta 4 as there's something else I want to do related to it, but I can't talk about it yet. ;)
French language for 1.0.0 Beta 3 version :)
Can you please update the post here? http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ln-blog.12701/page-12#post-170830 It's already linked in the second post. I don't want to have to update that link for every release. :)

This is looking really good, just installed on my test site and it seems really promising, I have a couple of questions which I havent spotted in any posts

1. Categories - I see you are adding these to your next beta, will it be possible to allow a blog to be a member of more than one category?
2. Will the blogs be able to be used as an rss feed like the forums
3. Is it possible to have the sidebar on the full blog display

thanks.. looking forward to see how this develops..

This is looking really good, just installed on my test site and it seems really promising, I have a couple of questions which I havent spotted in any posts

1. Categories - I see you are adding these to your next beta, will it be possible to allow a blog to be a member of more than one category?
2. Will the blogs be able to be used as an rss feed like the forums
3. Is it possible to have the sidebar on the full blog display

thanks.. looking forward to see how this develops..
Yes to the first two.

Already there, just doesn't display if the user hasn't made any other entries yet.

First things first, Great work on the blog Onimua, the time you put in as well as the effort really shows and It's very much appreciated. Im personally thankful for that, excellent job. :)

The one and only thing I don't like that was added to beta 3 is the placement of the "about Author" being placed under the blog entry. It clutters the area I feel and it looks very odd having blog entry >> about author container >> comments. It's a stacked layout that I really think you should consider revisiting. I (for now) moved the html so the "about author" sits on top of the blog entry but i feel this even is a temporary solution for me. I personally think it looks better on top of the blog entry As seen here but have you thought about having the about author as a block situated on the right hand side on top of the other blocks? You could actually integrate the about author container and add it into the <div class="secondaryContent"> block or simply remove the <div class="secondaryContent"> block and create a custom about us block?

That said, and overall, I'm really liking the improvements here and customising it is a pleasure. Excellent update, excellent add-on great work Onimua. :)

Well, Under or above the entry and Side block, both ideas are good. I think an admin option to choose would be nice.

Looks good. Other than moving the 'about the author' next to the avatar, what else did you do Shelley?

Looks good. Other than moving the 'about the author' next to the avatar, what else did you do Shelley?

Moved the html (about author)in the lnblog_entry Template modified .lnblogEntryAboutAuthor tinkered and added with the necessary css and moved it to extra.css modified the css to the .lnblogEntryMessag . All the other stuff (styling of the side block) were all done prior to beta 3 I just simply re-added it all back after updating the outdated templates. The edits I made can be done in a few minutes it's nothing major but it (in my mind) significantly cleans the layout.

Onimua, On profile page, I noticed that Blog tab shown whether user posted or never posted in blogs.

Even though I'm not keen on the default layout in no shape or form is this a complaint. The fact the Onimua has made this blog so versatile and a pleasure to work with is if you don't like anything it's easy to restructure, style due to all the custom classes without it effecting other areas of the forum which is why I think this blog is simply outstanding. I've been following the progress that Onimua has been doing with regards to this blog and he has gone out of his way introducing requested features, staying up late endlessly to accomplish a feature rich blog which in my books makes this community what it is because you have people who donate their time and expertise in providing and happily doing so. I'd encourage anyone who's seen their feature they requested included or even use this blog to send this guy a donation for the amount of work and time he's put in as a small gesture to a guy who's i feel has provided so much.

Yeah yeah, put your handkerchiefs away and stop crying. ;)

Excellent job Onimua, I know I've said it many times but it cannot be stated enough. (y)

First things first, Great work on the blog Onimua, the time you put in as well as the effort really shows and It's very much appreciated. Im personally thankful for that, excellent job. :)

The one and only thing I don't like that was added to beta 3 is the placement of the "about Author" being placed under the blog entry. It clutters the area I feel and it looks very odd having blog entry >> about author container >> comments. It's a stacked layout that I really think you should consider revisiting. I (for now) moved the html so the "about author" sits on top of the blog entry but i feel this even is a temporary solution for me. I personally think it looks better on top of the blog entry As seen here but have you thought about having the about author as a block situated on the right hand side on top of the other blocks? You could actually integrate the about author container and add it into the <div class="secondaryContent"> block or simply remove the <div class="secondaryContent"> block and create a custom about us block?

That said, and overall, I'm really liking the improvements here and customising it is a pleasure. Excellent update, excellent add-on great work Onimua. :)
I disagree about that idea. The first thing the user should see is the actual entry that both the title and the URL refers to. The information about the author is secondary, and should be shown second as it's of lesser importance. I could perhaps add a space break between the "About the Author" block and the entry/comments?

One of the reasons why I think it looks nicer upon first impression is because of the familiarity of seeing the avatar right next to user posts when you're reading threads, but in this instance when it's a choice between the author's biography and the blog entry, the blog entry will take priority as that is the content that should be highlighted first on the page.

I did think about putting it in the sidebar, but the problem with that is you can enter about 500 characters into the block, and the sidebar version would be a long thin wall of text that just would be a little difficult to read; and I wouldn't even want to use the avatar there in that case. Considering I have other plans for the sidebar when you view a user's entry, I'm saving that space for other future additions.

In the end though, I modeled it after seeing similar blogs and mimicked their layout. It's a fairly simple change if you want to move it to the top, but I don't think I'll be changing it.
Well, Under or above the entry and Side block, both ideas are good. I think an admin option to choose would be nice.
Definitely not going to be adding an option for it; far too trivial of a thing to start making optional. ;)
Onimua, On profile page, I noticed that Blog tab shown whether user posted or never posted in blogs.
Ah, alright. Will be fixed in B4. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom